SHE was a super-fit, mum-of-three, running 5km most mornings to kick-start her day. So when Helle Hobbis began to suffer arm cramps, muscle weakness and twitches, she began to worry. Her world came crashing down the day before her 47th birthday, when she was doctors diagnosed her with motor neurone disease - the same condition that claimed the life of world renowned scientists, Stephen Hawking. They warned there was nothing medics could do to slow the progression of her terminal disease, prompting Helle to research alternative treatments. Refusing to give in to her grave prognosis, she was willing to try anything. Determined to buy as much time with her IT manager husband James, 51, and their kids Oskar, 17, Sara, 15 and Isabel, 13, Helle began a drastic detox to try and boost her immune system - knowing it was a long shot. She’s even removed her metal fillings and replaced all the lead pipes in her house, in a vain hope - there being little evidence to suggest detoxing can slow … [Read more...] about Mum removes all metal at home to try and ‘cure’ motor neurone disease – after muscle aches led to devastating diagnosis
Tonsillitis home care
FEARS are growing that an outbreak of hand, foot and mouth disease has spread throughout Majorca – after an eight-month-old girl contracted the illness on a flight home. Davina Marchant, 29, was visiting her parents on the island and had no idea about the epidemic which has affected at least 48 people. Shocking pictures from guests show kids head to toe in red blisters and rashes after the disease started to spread at the Club Mac hotel in Alcudia. But Davina, from South Cave, East Yorks, didn’t stay at the hotel and claims her daughter Emilia was struck down with the disease on their way home. She told The Sun Online the plane was "full of kids", many of whom could have been carrying the infection. Davina, a full-time mum-of-two, was staying at her parents' home and said she would not have flown if she'd known the risk because of her daughter's medical history. Emilia had just recovered from an operation after being born with kidney issues. Davina said: "There were loads … [Read more...] about Fears hand, foot and mouth disease has spread throughout Majorca as 48 cases confirmed at ONE hotel and Brit baby covered in blisters on flight home
A grieving mum is hoping to finally get the answers she needs as to why her daughter was sent home from hospital - even though she was dying. Michelle Foster has spent three unbearable years trying to come to terms with her four-year-old daughter Gracie's devastating death. Hours before the 'happy' little girl died from a form of meningitis , she had attended hospital for a routine operation to have her tonsils out. However while at hospital, the schoolgirl became too poorly to have the surgery. Her family say she was sent home by doctors, who allegedly said she did not need antibiotics. Tragically, the youngster died later that day. Gracie's mum is now raising questions over her daughter's sudden death ahead of her inquest, which is set to begin at Chesterfield Coroner's Court on Monday. "Gracie's death has completely changed our lives," said Mrs Foster, of Chesterfield, Derbyshire. "It's something we have to re-live over and over every single day. "We were so lucky to have been in … [Read more...] about ‘My daughter, 4, was sent home from hospital even though she was dying’
A LITTLE girl died of sepsis after being sent home from hospital before a tonsil operation, her family has said. Four-year-old Gracie Foster's routine surgery was cancelled after she fell ill, with her family alleging doctors told them she did not need antibiotics. The young girl was carried home but her condition deteriorated rapidly - tragically dying of meningococcal septicaemia, a form of sepsis, that day in October 2015. Her family, of Chesterfield, Derbs, have today spoken of their heartache at Gracie's death, demanding answers. Gracie's mum Michelle Foster said: "We were so lucky to have been in the hospital at the time Gracie developed symptoms of meningococcal septicaemia. "She had a hospital bed and nurses saying she was really poorly – but unfortunately, she was sent home, even though at the time, she was dying. "We are hoping her inquest will help to bring us closure and give us answers." Gracie had been taken to Chesterfield Royal Hospital on October 21, 2015, … [Read more...] about Girl, 4, died of sepsis after being ‘sent home from hospital before tonsil op’
The tragic case of a four-year-old boy who died just days after a routine operation to have his tonsils removed left parents asking if the procedure is safe. This week an inquest into the death of Logan Solheim heard he was admitted to Wirral’s Arrowe Park hospital for the operation after repeated bouts of tonsilitis. The operation - known as a tonsillectomy - went ahead as normal and he was discharged home to Bebington after appearing to show no ill-effects. But only a day after undergoing surgery, Logan started vomiting blood, leaving his airways blocked. As ambulance crews fought to save his life, he suffered two heart attacks and died at Alder Hey Children's Hospital just two days later. Healthy four-year-old died just days after having his tonsils out At the inquest, medical experts said Logan's catastrophic bleeding was an extremely rare, but not unknown, consequence of having a tonsillectomy. Recording a narrative conclusion, Coroner Anita Bhardwaj said: “All … [Read more...] about Is it safe for your child to have their tonsils out?