FOR most, it'll be a bright day with sunny spells after a cold morning. However, it will be cloudy and damp in southwestern parts. UK weather forecast for 6am on Monday December 24 UK weather forecast for 3pm on Monday December 24 UK outlook for Tuesday December 25 to Thursday December 27 On Christmas Day, it'll be dry with patchy fog in the east but cloudy and drizzly in the west. Over Wednesday and Thursday, it'll be mostly mild with a chance of rain. UK outlook for Friday December 28 to Monday January 21 On Friday, settled conditions will remain in the south while rain and possibly snow hit northern regions. The week of New Year will be similar, settled in the south with windy and wet conditions in the north. Temperatures will be pretty mild but will begin to fall as we enter January. The second of January will see dry weather across the south while the north is changeable. Mid-January is a better chance of colder weather with a chance of frost, fog and snow. Wet weather is however … [Read more...] about Monday’s UK weather forecast – mostly sunny spells but cloudy and damp in southwestern regions
NORTHWEST Scotland will see wet and windy weather, with it feeling cold with blustery showers right across the Northern Isles. Elsewhere, there will be cloudy skies across western parts and some relatively clear spells across the south and east of the country. UK weather forecast for 7am on Thursday In the southwest, there will be the possibility of fog patches in most areas. Moving forward, it will be cloudy for many areas. Those in the east will see the best of the bright spells. In Scotland and Northern Ireland, clouds will be thicker, with occasional drizzle followed in the afternoon by heavier rain. UK weather forecast for 4pm on Thursday The end of the week will see much colder and brighter weather. Brisk winds and scattered showers will also move in, as well as scattered heavy showers. Across the north, snow showers are expected. By Sunday, showers will largely be confined to eastern areas. LONDON FORECAST A foggy and cloudy start should give way to the occasional bright … [Read more...] about Thursday’s UK weather forecast — it’s feeling cold everywhere, mainly dry but wet and windy in northwest Scotland
More torrential rain and high winds battering parts of the UK following the prolonged heatwave are a "blip" in the hot summer weather, according to forecasters. Sky News' weather team says the weekend thundery downpours and gusts of up to 50mph, that caused widespread travel disruption or holidaymakers, are "the exception rather than the rule".A yellow weather warning for wind and rain is in place for southern England and Wales.Parts of the Brecon Beacons and Dartmoor could see up to 80mm of rain.:: UK weather - The latest Sky News forecastFlooding is possible and large waves are likely in coastal areas, the Met Office said, and warned of possible damage to campers' tents.Saturday was the first day in July that nowhere in the UK reached at least 25C (77F), marking a 10-degree drop from Thursday which saw the hottest day of the year so far.As thunderstorms brought the first significant downpours for weeks to the UK, more than a month's-worth of rain fell at Belfast International … [Read more...] about Heavy rain and high winds post-heatwave ‘a blip’
The UK heatwave looks like it could be drawing to a close over the next seven days - with rain returning to Cambridgeshire. According to the Weather Channel, rain is forecast for Saturday along with scattered storms next week. But the return of rain doesn't mean it's the end of the hot weather, with temperatures remaining in the high 20s. The remainder of this week is set to be cloudy and dry, with a 40 per cent chance of precipitation on Saturday. The chance of rain rockets as we enter into next week (commencing July 16) with a 60 per cent possibility of rain on Tuesday, 50 per cent on Thursday and 40 per cent on Friday with scattered thunderstorms expected. Read More It's hot, hot, hot Gardens all over the county may finally get that downpour they so desperately need. According to The Weather Channel, temperatures will continue to hover just below 30C for the next two weeks. Cambridgeshire 14-day weather forecast Monday, July 9 - mostly cloudy, 27C, 10 per cent chance of rain … [Read more...] about When will it rain? Cambridgeshire’s dry weather could soon be over
A POLLEN bomb is about to cause misery for millions of hay fever sufferers across the UK. Warm weather has seen Brits basking in glorious 25C temperatures but it is also causing a huge surge in pollen levels. We reveal all... What is a pollen bomb? According to the New Scientist, plants need a period of cold then warm weather before they can flower. But because of the long winter, plants that couldn't flower earlier in the spring are more likely to do so all at once. The term is known as a "condensed spring" because it is far shorter than normal. This causes more pollen to be produced - causing misery for hayfever sufferers. Tree pollen is likely to be worse, which affects one in four Brits. Does it make hay fever symptoms worse? Sadly it does, with the Met Office issuing a warning on June 6 for high levels of pollen across Mid and South England, and all of Wales. This wave of pollen bombs is set to last for three weeks. There is a high tree pollen count, with grass and weed becoming … [Read more...] about What is a pollen bomb, how has UK weather created it and does it make hay fever symptoms worse?