A STUDENT hanged herself over Xanax withdrawal symptoms as it's revealed chemists are selling the potentially dangerous pills for £150 without a prescription. Raven Hunt, 21, was found dead two weeks after she stopped taking the anti-anxiety medication, which is blighting the lives of teenagers across Britain. Young people are becoming hooked on the drugs for supposed feelings of relaxation and it's often mixed with alcohol and cough syrup in a cocktail known as "lean". But for those trying to come off the pills, it can cause terrible withdrawal symptoms, including insomnia, tremors, vomiting, depression, psychosis and suicidal thoughts. Raven's family know only too well the devastating side-effects of the Class C controlled drug can have after receiving the tragic news that she had been found dead in Leigh Woods, Bristol, on April 13 last year. The sociology student at the University of the West of England immediately struggled with withdrawals when she stopped taking … [Read more...] about Student, 21, hanged herself over Xanax withdrawal symptoms as it’s revealed chemists are selling pills for £150 with NO prescription
Coming off the pill side effects
PHARMACISTS are allegedly flooding the black market with potentially dangerous prescription drugs aimed at youngsters. Medication, such as Xanax, is then sold on through social media to people in schools and universities for as little as £1 per pill. An investigation by the Daily Mail claims to have found evidence chemists are illegally selling highly addictive drugs without asking for a prescription. One undercover reporter was able to buy hundreds of dangerous Class C controlled prescription drugs from a pharmacist in central London for prices higher than those on the "street".Xanax, which is used to treat anxiety, and sold 60 tablets for £150 without any questions asked. The reporter then requested tramadol - another Class C narcotic, which is only slightly less potent than heroin - and was told it costs £250 for 100 "capsules". After being told the price is "expensive", the chemist attempts to justify it by telling the reporter it's because they are "controlled drugs … [Read more...] about Pharmacists are ‘flooding black market with dangerous prescription pills aimed at youngsters’
FENTANYL is a prescription painkiller that gives relief from chronic diseases and is said to be 100 times more powerful than morphine. Here's all you need to know about the drug which Prince accidentally overdosed on - and is linked to at least 60 deaths in the UK in eight-months. What is Fentanyl? Fentanyl is a strong opiod painkiller that is used by many patients around the world suffering from chronic conditions. It works by stopping pain signals being sent to the nerves in the brain, meaning users do not suffer any discomfort. Due to its strength, it is highly controlled by doctors and pharmacists and cannot be prescribed for children. It can be administered in patch form or can be injected into the body via a needle or a drip. Hampshire Police Detective Superintendent Paul Barton, head of organised and serious crime in Southampton, said a major operation revealed the drug is becoming alarmingly more common. He said: "It's a cutting agent that is mixed with various drugs, and … [Read more...] about What is Fentanyl, how was it linked to Prince’s death, what is the drug used for and are there side effects?
A STUDENT was left fighting of her life after suffering a rare side effect of taking the contraceptive pill.Lucy Powell was left struggling to breathe after blood clots formed in her lungs, blocking the artery that carries oxygen-rich blood to the lungs.After initially mistaking it for a chest infection, doctors diagnosed her as suffering a pulmonary embolism.This is where a blood clot blocks an artery, stopping oxygen getting to the lung.Left untreated, it can cause lung tissue to die off, and prove fatal.It's similar to a deep vein thrombosis (DVT) where a blood clot - usually in the leg - blocks a vein.Blood clots, which can cause DVT, pulmonary embolism, stroke or heart attack as well as breast cancer are known risks of taking the Pill.The 22-year-old, from Brighton, was prescribed the Pill, at the beginning of December, but within a month was seriously ill."I was very shocked and incredibly worried," said Lucy, a criminology student at Sheffield Hallam … [Read more...] about Student, 22, nearly dies weeks after starting the Pill after rare side-effect is mistaken for chest infection
WITH around one in seven couples now struggling to conceive* and 50,000 of us having IVF each year**, fertility MOTs are becoming increasingly popular on the baby-making scene. And now the time-starved can even get a test done in their lunch hour. The tests involve 3D ultrasound scans designed to check ovarian reserve (the quantity of eggs in the ovaries) and the health of reproductive organs, while men can get a sperm sample analysis. Pioneered by Professor Geeta Nargund, medical director of Create fertility clinics, these tests – which cost £200 for women and £95 for men – provide expert fertility diagnosis within an hour. “It’s important for us to find out about the state of our fertility as quickly as possible to give us the power to plan for our futures,” explains Geeta. “We plan everything from careers to house moves – why would we not do the same for having a family? Getting the results fast means less … [Read more...] about Four women and one man share the results of their lunch break fertility MOTs