The Blacklist cast and crew finish filming
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Fans are itching to get their hands on the next episodes of The Blacklist after Raymond 'Red' Reddington's (played by James Spader) suffered two huge losses in the season nine finale. Thankfully, the NBC drama may have already confirmed who'll be taking the place of two of the show's long-running agents.
The 10th season of The Blacklist will reportedly introduce a new main character with major ties to the drama's first outing.
Viewers will be introduced to Siya Malik, an MI6 intelligence officer, who will shake up the task force going forward.
According to a report from Deadline, Siya is the daughter of Meera Malik (Parminder Nagra), an FBI agent who worked with Red in the first season.
Meera was ultimately killed by an assassin at the end of The Blacklist's debut outing and, 10 years later, Siya will enter the fold looking for answers.
The Blacklist season 10: Red rocked by return from the past as new character confirmed (Image: NBC)
The Blacklist: Red will welcome a new agent into the task force (Image: NBC)
She will apparently arrive at the task force to find out the truth about her mother's work and untimely death.
The 10th season could feature the first appearances from Meera in quite some time if Siya's investigation is successful and the series flashes back to 10 years ago.
Siya's casting has yet to be confirmed, and NBC has yet to make an official comment.
However, the introduction of a new character would certainly build excitement for The Blacklist's forthcoming 10th season.
The Blacklist: Meera was assassinated at the end of the first season (Image: NBC)
The Blacklist: Will Siya uncover the truth about her mother’s death? (Image: NBC)
The milestone instalment already has considerable interest following the recent losses of multiple major characters.
Red's daughter Liz Keen (Megan Boone) was killed at the end of season eight, making the ninth season the first without the show's original lead.
Moreover, both Aram Mojtabai (Amir Arison) and Alina Park (Laura Sohn) stepped down from the task force in the season nine finale.
Both series regulars could eventually be brought back to the series as their departures left the door open for their eventual return.
DON’T MISS: Raising Kanan star teases outcome of Malcolm Howard revelation [EXCLUSIVE] BBC viewers crash dog rescue website to help abandoned pets [NEWS] Flight Lieutenant takes no rubbish from BBC hosts in epic interview [VIDEO]
Aram decided he would leave to "take some time away" from the FBI, while Alina will be on medical leave after it was revealed she was pregnant.
In reality, Amir is currently starring in the stage version of The Kite Runner on Broadway.
Thankfully, it seems the task force won't seem quite so empty as Siya will certainly shake things up for Red and his remaining colleagues.
As well as series lead James, Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix and Hisham Tawfiq are all expected to reprise their roles as Donald Ressler, Harold Cooper and Dembe Zuma, respectively.
Unfortunately, it's still unknown when the next season will eventually surface.
The latest update came from location manager Tom Scutro, who told Westchester County Tourism & Film: "We're thrilled to be returning for a 10th season, which we'll start filming after Labor Day."
If the series remains on schedule, fans should expect the next season of The Blacklist to begin in the first half of 2023.
The Blacklist is available to watch on NBC in the USA and Amazon Prime Video in the UK.
- The Blacklist blunder: Glaring error with Tom Keen's passport exposed
- The Blacklist’s Mierce Xiu speaks out on season 10 return
- The Blacklist’s Megan Boone announces new role after exit
- The Blacklist season 10 theory: Red to be exposed as Liz's real uncle
- The Blacklist fans in meltdown as Liz Keen and Dembe stars reunite
- Red Rock Resort resurrects Italian favorite Terra Rossa
- Red Rock star Steven Mangan opens up about why he doesn’t mind being typecast after bagging role in Innocent
- Red Rock’s latest recruit Leah Minto eager to prove she can get the job done
- Who is Denise McCormack? Dancing with the Stars finalist, Love/Hate and Red Rock actress– here’s what we know
- Doctor Who season 10 trailer released for Peter Capaldi’s final adventures as the Time Lord
- Pink returns with new album and plenty to shout about as she talks feminism and motherhood
- Maribor 0 Liverpool 7: Reds smash seven past sorry Slovenians to kick-start Champions League bid
- Josh Allen lit it up as Buffalo Bills roll past New York Giants
- Rock Star Patti Smith, Making Paris Swoon
- Brock Holt’s career year deserves more of Red Sox’ attention
- 2019 Halloween costumes: 10 unique options sold on Staten Island
- Yankees break club homer record, club Red Sox 10-5
- Red Sox fire Dave Dombrowski
- Dancing with the Stars chiefs eye broadcaster Joe Duffy and rugby legend Brian O’Driscoll for season two
- Season for Sharing gives $2.1 million to Arizona nonprofits
- Take a Game Of Thrones pilgrimage to all of the best new and old filming locations in the upcoming series
- ‘Fargo’ Season 4 Casts Timothy Olyphant in Recurring Guest Role
- Fall TV 2019: Where our favorite returning shows left off
- Stranger Things season two UK release date, time, cast, latest trailer, spoilers and episodes
- 9 shocking EastEnders storylines revealed for 2017 from Max Branning’s return to the truth about Phil Mitchell
The Blacklist season 10: Red rocked by return from the past as new character confirmed have 1053 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 12, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.