Gangnam Style by PSY surpassed 4.5 billion views on YouTube on August 4 at approximately 10:05 p.m. KST.
Extending its own record as the most-watched Korean music video to date in March, PSY's Gangnam Style became the first Korean-language music video ever to reach the 4 billion milestone on YouTube.
Now the achievement extends to 4.5 billion views, according to Soompi.
The music video remains one of the top ten most watched MVs of all time.
Previously, BTS rapper Suga, who also collaborated with PSY on his latest title track That That , spoke in an interview about how pivotal Gangnam Style was in paving the way for K-pop's success in western arenas.
"He was always someone I was grateful for," Suga said about PSY.
"With Gangnam Style , he paved the way for K-pop in the US so that we were able to follow his footsteps with ease,” NME quoted Suga.
The smashing hit Gangnam Style was released on July 15,2012, and reached the 4.5 billion mark shortly after its ten year anniversary.
Checkout the music video here:
- BTS Pass Blackpink For The Most Billion-View YouTube Videos Among Korean Musicians
- Google: 'Gangnam Style' earns $8 million for YouTube
- Gangnam style is so 2012. Now, it's the Harlem Shake.
- This video is now YouTube's most-viewed of all time—but it might not be for long
- As BTS Hit No. 1 On The Hot 100 (Again), The Band Ties Psy With A Historically Stable Smash
- YouTube’s TikTok clone, “YouTube Shorts,” hits beta in the US
- Tech Giants Prepared for 2016-Style Meddling. But the Threat Has Changed.
- BTS’s ‘Butter’ Is Already The Fourth-Longest-Charting Hot 100 Single Ever By A Korean Musician
- Lady Gaga Helps Blackpink Make Billboard Chart History...Again
- Rosé and CL stun as first female K-pop artists to attend Met Gala
- BTS is the first all-Korean group to top the Billboard singles chart
- BTS on track to bag first ever UK number one with Dynamite
- Gabby Petito story boosted by social media, true-crime craze
- The pressures - and rewards - of being an influencer
- She demanded free Covid-19 testing. Now Katie Porter is taking on child care policy
- Instagram Hosted The Met Gala, But Snubbed The Fashion Influencers Who Built Its Platform
- Where design can make the biggest impact in the next decade, according to over 30 experts
- 12+ Social Media Feed Plugins for WordPress
- Apple’s Latest, Hot IPOs, and the Future of AI
- HeartFlow: A Deep Dive
PSY's 'Gangnam Style' exceeds 4.5 billion views on YouTube have 387 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.