Michelle Branch landed in hot water as the Goodbye to You singer was arrested after an alleged domestic dispute with her husband Patrick Carney, whom she had accused of being unfaithful, People has confirmed.
The Davidson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to the media outlet that Branch, 39, was taken into custody and booked for domestic assault around 2 a.m. Thursday after reportedly slapping Carney, 42, across the face at the couple’s Nashville home.
The singer-songwriter had Tweeted and deleted a note two hours earlier claiming the Black Keys drummer had cheated on her while she was home with their 6-month-old baby.
Branch was released on a $1,000 bond and is due in court on Nov. 7.
Branch and Carney married in 2019. Branch said in a statement to TMZ while announcing the split: "To say that I am totally devastated doesn't even come close to describing how I feel for myself and for my family. The rug has been completely pulled from underneath me and now I must figure out how to move forward. With such small children, I ask for privacy and kindness."
The two musicians have two children together and lived in Nashville.
- Rep. Maxine Waters Calls For Wells Fargo To Be Broken Up
- NHL Players A.J. Greer And Sonny Milano Arrested In New York After Allegedly Assaulting Man
- Céline Sciamma: 'In France, they don’t find the film hot. They think it lacks flesh, it’s not erotic'
- ‘Hell or High Water’ Is the Bullet-Riddled Antidote to this Godawful Movie Summer
- East Auckland locals wary of waters after shark washes up on beach
- Germany's new assault rifles fail Bundeswehr tests
- Eye-watering moment vaulter rips open his scrotum when he’s impaled by his own pole in TikTok vid
- On the Move: Houston area attracts new residents from California
- Ring to tighten privacy amid concerns it shares customer data with Facebook and Google
- Locked in a coronavirus breeding ground: Cruise quarantine put hundreds of vulnerable people in the perfect environment for contamination and left the ship with more cases than the whole world outside China
- Sunday Star-Times short story competition: A Far Cry
- Chef Anita Lo of Annisa
- Gavin Williamson SACKED as Defence Secretary after leaking top secret information about Chinese firm Huawei in spy probe
- Samira Ahmed takes BBC to tribunal after being paid just one-sixth of Jeremy Vine's fee
- The Dish: Chef Alex Stupak trades in pastry tools for tacos
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Library is 'safe' after latest California wildfire comes within 30 yards of the site as hurricane-force 'Devil Winds' threaten to stoke infernos which have killed three
- Nile Delta: 'We are going underwater. The sea will conquer our lands'
- Searching Naples for Elena Ferrante
- NBA 90201
- Movies on TV this week: Feb. 23 — 29: ‘Close Encounters of the Third Kind’
Michelle Branch in hot water for assault have 448 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at August 13, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.