Gemma and Luca came second in the final of Love Island earlier this month, losing out on the crown to Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu and Davide Sanclimenti .
The pair haven't let it dampen their spirits as they continue to get to know each other after leaving the Villa.
However, when appearing on Good Morning Britain earlier this week, Luca, 23, confirmed he's yet to meet Gemma's famous sporting dad.
Now, it seems he'll have to wait a bit longer too, as Michael shared a snap of himself enjoying his holidays.
Smiling away, while sitting at a restaurant table, he captioned the pic: 'A few days of sun.'
At the moment, Gemma and Luca remain in the UK , with both teasing some big things to come from both of them.
It comes after Love Island host Laura Whitmore asked Luca during last week's reunion episode whether he'd met the man himself yet.
But Luca admitted: 'Not yet, we've had a little FaceTime together and that's it.'
Speaking to Richard Madeley and Charlotte Hawkins on GMB with Luca, Gemma told the pair the England legend is 'proud' of her after her stint in the Villa.
Gemma revealed: 'He just says, "So proud, you didn't do anything to sort of disgrace us".
'He's happy. Everyone seems just buzzing which is nice.'
Gemma, 19, reunited with her family at their home over the weekend, with Michael teasing his daughter with a hilarious welcome home gift.
The pair posed together on a yellow beanbag , just like one on the ITV series, which the islanders dubbed 'cursed', due to it always seeming to lead to drama whenever anyone sat on it.
Luca and Gemma are yet to make their relationship official yet, despite having been 'coupled up' for nearly two months.
Gemma said during their TV appearance: 'I mean we're pretty much official, we've just not got a label on it. That's up to Luca.'
The Brighton-native insisted: 'I will do it.'
On Wednesday evening, the dressage rider posted another update for fans, hinting at the 'exciting new opportunities' she's got to look forward to .
Chatting on her Instagram stories from the passenger seat of a car, she revealed she was waiting for her beau to return from a meeting, adding: 'Yesterday was so exciting, can't wait, new opportunities.'
Gemma went on to reveal she is soon to fly out for a little break to catch up with friends and family, but it's not clear whether Luca is set to join her or not.
Love Island can be streamed in full on ITV Hub now .
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Who is Molly Moorish? Liam Gallagher’s daughter with Lisa Moorish who met her father after 19 years
- Liam Gallagher blasted by Lisa Moorish for ‘never seeing his daughter’ after he called out brother Noel for skipping gig for Manchester bombing victims
- Liam Gallagher reveals he’s never met his two daughters born from his affairs
- Imogen Thomas looks incredible in a blue bikini on the beach in Marbella on first holiday since splitting with boyfriend Adam Horsley
- Love Island’s Anton and Belle ended romance over the phone after he met Craig David without her
- Kelly Brook and boyfriend Jeremy Parisi can’t keep their hands off each other as they kiss and cuddle on holiday in Antigua
- Stephanie Davis reveals she’s recording new music after split from Owen Warner and says ‘dreams do come true’
- Heartbroken Gareth Gates cuddles up to his daughter after Faye Brookes split telling her ‘You’re my world’
- 'I got down on two knees and BEGGED': Liam Gallagher confirms his engagement to Debbie Gwyther and reveals he WILL invite Noel to the wedding
- The Definitive Guide to 2019’s Deluge of New Christmas Movies
- Football’s biggest bromances including Mason Mount and Declan Rice and Man Utd pals Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford
- I'm A Celebrity 2019 line-up - confirmed cast, rumours and stars who are ruled out
- 'We took inspiration from Mumsnet': the footballers’ wives' support network
- Jeff Buckley’s ‘Grace’: 10 Things You Didn’t Know
- Recap: The Family Doctor
- 1st Quarter Honor Roll Posted At Enfield High School
- Movies on TV this week: ‘GoodFellas’ on AMC and more
- What is Liam Gallagher’s net worth, who is his girlfriend Debbie Gwyther and does he speak to brother Noel?
- Ant McPartlin goes out in disguise in Halloween facepaint with girlfriend Anne-Marie at Thorpe Park Fright Nights
Michael Owen jets off on holiday after reuniting with daughter Gemma Owen – and no, he still hasn’t met Luca Bish have 895 words, post on metro.co.uk at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.