Meghan Markle is heading to court for a new battle as the trial date of Samantha Markle’s defamation lawsuit against the Duchess has been confirmed by a US judge.
Samantha, 57, is suing Prince Harry’s wife, over claims made in her Oprah Winfrey interview and the Finding Freedom unauthorised biography.
A Florida judge has set an October 2023 trial date for the defamation case if they fail to settle or resolve it in mediation.
Samantha, who is seeking $75,000 (£57,000) in damages, contests Meghan saying in her TV interview that she "grew up as an only child".
She also claims Meghan told "false and malicious lies" about her fairytale "rags-to-royalty" upbringing at her paternal family's expense.
And Samantha claims the Finding Freedom book subjected her to "humiliation, shame and hatred on a worldwide scale".
It comes after amid after Meghan’s legal team moved to dismiss the case in papers submitted to the Florida court in July. However, Judge Charlene Edwards Honeywell is allowing the case to proceed.
- Meghan Markle's sister in desperate plea for her dad Thomas to meet baby Archie
- Meghan Markle's sister Samantha placed on 'fixated persons watchlist' by police
- Meghan Markle's Christmas present from dad Thomas that he 'got glares for'
- Meghan Markle’s half-brother speaks out after royal birth: ‘Maybe she will see the importance of family now’
- Inside Meghan Markle's troubled relationship with her dad after royal baby snub
- Meghan Markle's dad Thomas sends desperate Christmas message to the Queen
- Meghan Markle reveals the four words dad Thomas said that 'will stay with her forever'
- Meghan Markle’s nephew says family a 'national embarrassment' after wedding snub
- Meghan Markle's dad played disgusting prank on family - and it horrified pals
- Problems that blighted Archie's christening - and how Meghan Markle dealt with them
- Meghan Markle's net worth and age - her transformation from Suits actress to royal princess
- How Meghan Markle Stole Pippa Middleton’s Wedding Spotlight
- Meghan Markle's estranged half-brother wins celebrity boxing match on technicality
- Meghan Markle earns Duchess Camilla’s support, royal expert says
- Meghan Markle could face dad Thomas for first time in five years - in UK court
- Meghan Markle’s baby will end Harry and William's feud, but Markles have a long way to go, royal expert says
- Prince Harry Says Prince Charles Likely 'Knew' He'd Walk Meghan Markle Down the Aisle
- 'When A-list power couples meet': Body language experts reveal how Meghan and Beyoncé embraced like old friends, were genuinely excited to meet each other and behaved like equal top-dogs at European premiere of The Lion King
- Meghan joins Harry and the Queen at christening for Zara Tindall's daughter Lena
- Samantha Markle Berates Half-Sister Meghan As ‘Hypocrite, Calls Her Out For Neglecting Estranged Dad
Meghan Markle ready for court showdown with sister Samantha? have 447 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.