Man Utd need to get over Ferguson exit – Javier Hernandez
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Manchester United have reportedly offered Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot a yearly salary of around £6million to come to Old Trafford. The wage is believed to be lower than that of former Ajax stars Donny van de Beek and Lisandro Martinez and as such the player's agent, his mother Veronique, is holding out for a higher fee.
United have had a bid of around £15m accepted for the player with Juventus desperate to get rid of their underperforming star before his contract expires in 2023. The club are now locked in talks with Veronique, however, she has a reputation for being a fearsome negotiator making it more difficult for the Red Devils to come to an agreement.
Rabiot has endured an unsuccessful stint at the Old Lady since signing from PSG in 2019. The France international has made 129 appearances – but has scored just six times and contributed a further six assists.
It has now come to light how much United would like to offer the player with La Gazzetta dello Sport reporting that an annual wage of £6m has been put on the table. The figure would match what the French international currently earns at Juventus but Veronique is holding out for more.
Manchester United have offered Adrien Rabiot less wages than Donny van de Beek and Lisandro Martinez (Image: GETTY)
The sum would put Rabiot behind the likes of Van de Beek, Martinez and Victor Lindelof in the club's pay hierarchy according to the website spotrac and as such the player's agent believes she has reasonable grounds to ask for more. Van de Beek, Martinez and Victor Lindelof are claimed to earn just over £6.2m a year.
Unsurprisingly, Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest earner at the club followed by David de Gea, Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane. Rabiot, meanwhile, has been slammed by former West Ham and Celtic striker Paolo Di Canio who labelled the Frenchman as a 'footballing giraffe.'
"He is one that cannot be seen on the pitch. He is 1.91m and loses the challenges with players of 1.28m," the 54-year-old told Italian TV.
READ MORE Man Utd finally give in and identify ‘serious alternative’ to Frenkie de Jong transfer Man Utd offered striker transfer solution as Javier Hernandez offers to play ‘for free’ Man Utd chief John Murtough ‘boards flight’ to seal fourth summer signing for Erik ten Hag
Veronique Rabiot is negiotiating with Manchester United on her son’s behalf (Image: GETTY)
"He plays as an offensive midfielder, because he is one with technical qualities, elegant but he never shoots; he does not make a quick vertical assist on his teammate; he does not have to decide on crosses and does not fill the penalty area. You say, ‘Are you talking about someone who can’t play football?’"
Should Rabiot arrive in Manchester he would become the club's fourth signing of the season, following Tyrell Malacia, Lisandro Martinez and Christian Eriksen through the doors of Old Trafford.
- Does the Stereotypical "White Van Man" Still Exist?
- Transit Van Insurance For Personal and Business Use
- Van Finance - Instant Van Finance Can Solve Problems in a Jiffy
- Courier Insurance For Cars and Vans
- English Premiership Player of the Year Award 2009 Nominations
- Big Island Day Trips #2 - Kona to Hamakua - Waterfalls, Canyons and Rainforest
- What Do I Do on the Big Island? Explore Historical, Lovely, Up-Country Kona!
- Want Hassle-Free Moving? Find the Right Removals and Storage Company
- Your First Trip to Hawaii - What Do I Do on Oahu?
- What Do I Do on the Big Island? Explore Mysterious Puna!
- Cheap Insurance Plan Tips
- Prisons of Pain - We Are Never Alone
- Amsterdam Art and Culture
- An RV Or a Caravan - What is the Best Choice?
- What Happens If I Become Ill and Don't Have Travel Insurance?
- Mental Disorder - Gift From God
- Acting As a Profession - Proper Set Behavior For Principle and Extra Actors
- Anti-Aging - Educate Yourself
- A Newbie Beats the Pro
- The Bleeding Edge of the Car Biz
Man Utd have 'offered' Adrien Rabiot less than Donny van de Beek and Lisandro Martinez have 823 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 12, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.