A Hollywood-inspired sign welcoming visitors to a campsite will be taken down after a row over planning permission.
Farmer Mark Rutherford said the “Camp Llandudno” display had brought a smile to the faces of everyone passing.
However, he did not gain permission to advertise his pop-up campsite in such a way and would reluctantly remove it.
Conwy council said it was “disappointed” permission was not sought.
Farm owner Mr Rutherford explained he gained the required permission under the 28-day rule – which allowed him to temporarily change the use of the land – to create a pop-up campsite .
However, he did not realise he would need to gain a different form of permission to promote it.
“The problem is that the sign has been put up without a planning application to the local authority,” he told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast .
“They deem it visual clutter and even though it’s only there to promote the pop-up campsite that will go at the end of the month, they’re not happy.”
He said after requests from council officials, he will take it down on Wednesday.
Mr Rutherford added: “I’m not a rule breaker, I have enough on my plate ensuring the success of the pop-up campsite. I will remove it today, I don’t want to aggravate the situation.
“The public have been unanimously supportive, it just puts a smile on people’s faces when they drive past.
“Maybe I’ll have it next year, but with the correct agreement.”
Conwy council said it received a complaint about the “unauthorised advertising”.
“We’re disappointed that the owner hadn’t sought advice from us and instead proceeded to display an advertisement without consent,” a spokesman added.
“As the advertisement doesn’t have consent, we informed the owner that he should remove the advertisement and he agreed to remove the advertisement on 9 August.”
- Watch video: Cheryl Cole's style evolution in photos
- Jameela Jamil makes a style statement in a bold red suit as she party-hops in LA after blasting 'fat-phobic' parents for their treatment of her while she battled anorexia
- From everyday Aussie to Hollywood star: How studio transforms regular people into celebrities in two hours (and they insist they use 'minimal' Photoshop)
- Summer Monteys-Fullam wows in a glitzy ensemble as she continues to show ex Paul Hollywood what he's missing during night on the town
- Inside China's Hollywood-beating film industry: How Mandarin blockbusters are made in movie theme parks so big they include a colonial-era Shanghai city and a full replica of Beijing's imperial palace
- Summer Monteys-Fullam accuses ex-boyfriend Paul Hollywood of STALKING her Instagram with fake accounts after he whisks away new girlfriend to Cyprus
- Paul Hollywood's barmaid ex-girlfriend is convinced he started seeing his new partner three months before they split 'because he turned off the CCTV when she was away from home'
- Selena Gomez bonds with Oprah at Hollywood 'empowerment' event... after fans catch Justin Bieber looking her up online
- EXCLUSIVE: Fake enemies, loaded language, grandiosity, belittling critics: Cults expert claims Donald Trump's tactics are taken straight from playbook of Sun Myung Moon, David Koresh and Jim Jones
- Netflix could play key role in Hollywood labor drama
- David Oyelowo on Playing Martin Luther King Jr., Ebola Fears, and Race in Hollywood
- Jennifer Lopez radiates Hollywood glamour as she leads the red carpet arrivals at the Academy's annual Governors Awards alongside elegant Charlize Theron and Scarlett Johansson
- Hollywood pins hopes on Interstellar as it seeks out new life in movie industry
- When James Stewart Reckoned With Hollywood's Seismic Changes in 1969
- American Zoetrope: In a galaxy not from Hollywood …
- Tim Cook flashes the peace sign as he poses with Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon at their premiere of The Morning Show for AppleTV+
- Inside UK's Hollywood Hills style mansion - with sea views and a traditional twist
- Han Solo Directors Lord and Miller Were Reportedly Fired for Improvisational Style
- Debbie Reynolds, Hollywood Icon & Mom to Carrie Fisher, Passes Away at 84
- Hollywood intersection is renamed for Motown Records founder Berry Gordy
Llandudno campsite's Hollywood style-sign to be taken down have 706 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.