As I understand the facts, former President Donald Trump was asked by the National Archives to return documents he had no right to remove from the White House. The reporting from many news sources also say he took classified information — some of it top-secret material from the White House.
The White House and all the documents generated in the White House — The People’s House — belong to the people. Not one individual. If you go to a hotel and take a towel or fluffy white bathrobe you are stealing.
It is my understanding that he was asked several times to return the material. He did not comply with the requests.
The search of his Florida estate was justified by a warrant from a federal judge. The FBI called the Secret Service at his Florida home and told them they were coming. No doors were knocked in. It was not a raid, as the former president spun it.
Before pro-Trump politicians and supporters denounce the FBI’s search, it would be wise for all of us to wait and see what the evidence yields.
Trump is using the legal search as a fundraiser and a political weapon to divide us. Division and hate can only lead to more tribal politics. That is not a good stew for our country. The cliché for our country has been a melting pot of people and ideas, not a burnt stew.
Let’s take a collective breath and wait to see what evidence emerges.
- Scott Walker’s Wisconsin Paved the Way for Donald Trump’s America
- Widower of Joe Scarborough staffer writes letter to Twitter asking them to remove Trump's tweets about her death
- “You’re Gonna Have a Fucking War”: Mark Milley’s Fight to Stop Trump from Striking Iran
- 'This Week' Transcript 12-10-17: Roy Moore's Chief Political Strategist Dean Young and Sen. Ben Cardin
- Trump Pushes a Conspiracy Theory That Falsely Accuses a TV Host of Murder
- The First White President
- Esper Breaks With Trump on Using Troops Against Protesters
- Trump Nominee Is Among Judges Opposed to Banning Membership in Conservative Group
- Evangelicals Are Bitterly Split on How to Deal With Trump After Charlottesville
- The Prophecies of Q
- The New Reconstruction
- The Heir
- The Capitol Rioters Won
- The Role of the Artist in the Age of Trump
- American Wealth Is Broken
- Biden allies predict political headache for president as annual migrant surge approaches
- Biden Inaugurated as the 46th President Amid a Cascade of Crises
- Is Brett Kavanaugh Out for Revenge?
- Biden seeks early momentum on COVID and more: The Note
- America Is Having a Moral Convulsion
Letters: What's in the White House belongs to the people, not to Donald Trump have 422 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.