Lady Louise Windsor attends Commonwealth Games with family
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Queen ‘s youngest granddaughter received her A-level results today much like many other teenagers across the country. While her grades haven’t been shared, Buckingham Palace announced Lady Louise will follow in Kate and Prince William ‘s footsteps as she has chosen to attend St Andrews University in Scotland.
The brief statement from the Palace read: “Having received her A Level results today, Lady Louise will start at St Andrews University in September to study English.”
The 18-year-old likely received stellar grades, as the standard qualifications for undergraduate entry required at St Andrews is ABB to A*A*A.
Lady Louise’s decision to continue her studies will likely please her mother Sophie, Countess of Wessex .
In an interview with the Times in June 2020, Prince Edward ‘s wife expressed her hope to see her daughter attending university.
Lady Louise Windsor will attend St Andrews University, the Palace has announced (Image: GETTY)
Lady Louise with her brother James, Viscount Severn (Image: GETTY)
Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex’s future roles in the Royal Family have been questioned by a royal expert.
Do you think they should have a place in a slimmed-down monarchy?
She said: “She's working hard and will do A-levels.
“I hope she goes to university. I wouldn't force her, but if she wants to.”
Sophie briefly mentioned her second child – James, Viscount Severn – adding: “She's quite clever, so I think probably, whereas James I don't know.”
Over the past years, Lady Louise studied at St Mary’s School Ascot – a Roman Catholic independent day and boarding school.
Kate and William visited their university in May 2021 (Image: GETTY)
For her A-levels, she chose English, History, Politics and Drama.
As one of the grandchildren of the sovereign, Louise can be given the title of princess and HRH style.
However, her parents decided against giving their children a title to provide them with a childhood far from the spotlight.
Sophie said in her interview: “We try to bring them up with the understanding they are very likely to have to work for a living.
Prince William started his course at St Andrews in 2001 (Image: GETTY)
Lady Louise Windsor is one of the Queen’s grandchildren (Image: GETTY)
“Hence we made the decision not to use HRH titles.
“They have them and can decide to use them from 18, but I think it's highly unlikely.”
While Louise reached her 18th year in November, she isn’t known to have expressed the desire to become a working royal yet.
The now Duke and Duchess of Cambridge started their courses at St Andrews in 2001, after taking a gap year.
The Queen has eight grandchildren (Image: EXPRESS)
The university holds a very special place in their hearts, as it’s the place where they met and, after striking a friendship, started dating.
The Duke recalled his fateful meeting with Kate last year in a speech he delivered as Lord High Commissioner during the Opening Ceremony of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland.
Acknowledging Scotland harbours sad memories, linked to his mother’s death, as well as joyous ones, he said: “It was here in Scotland – twenty years ago this year – that I first met Catherine.
“Needless to say, the town where you meet your future wife holds a very special place in your heart.
“George, Charlotte and Louis already know how dear Scotland is to both of us, and they are starting to build their own happy memories here too.”
Sophie said in 2020 she was hoping her daughter would go to university (Image: GETTY)
Kate and William returned to St Andrews in May last year while carrying out a series of engagements north of the border.
There, they spoke to students about their experiences at the university and how the coronavirus pandemic had an impact on their studies and life.
They also visited St Salvator’s, the halls of residence where the young prince met his future wife.
As a student at St Andrews, Prince William lived a life as normal as possible as the Palace had negotiated a media blackout to grant him and all the other students at the university the privacy needed to complete their courses.
- Prince Harry 'not pleased' with Meghan's 'clingy' behaviour
- Kate Middleton’s body language was in ‘shock’ seeing Meghan Markle
- What’s next for ‘clever’ Lady Louise Windsor after A-Level results
- Queen and Meghan Markle braced for very ‘awkward’ reunion
- Princess Anne ‘set apart’ from Kate as she follows Queen’s lead
- Sign of the times: Parody accounts for the Royal Baby already have thousands of followers on Twitter
- Kate Middleton pregnant: Duchess of Cambridge expecting with husband Prince William, palace confirms - and it may be twins
- Prince William and pregnant Kate Middleton set to see Brooklyn Nets take on LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Prince William and Kate Middleton’s Wales home available for rent
- Kate Middleton, Prince William welcome baby, His Royal Highness the Prince of Cambridge
- Chefs reveal the one food President Obama WON'T eat; What did Kate Middleton tell a palace chef about his sauces?
- Serena Williams and Drake look great at doubles; Caitlyn Jenner will make name official
- LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton during photo op with duchess, Prince William
- Prince William, Kate head back to England after charming Hollywood
- Hollywood's leading ladies are on a big 'role' at Sundance Film Festival
- Prince William, Kate welcomed by adoring fans to Canada's Northwest Territories
- Student News: Speaking series at Perth Amboy Catholic school seeks to empower 'young ladies'
- Forecasters confirm EF-1 tornado touched down in northern Davidson County
- Shreveport chef comes home to follow her dream
- Kelly Rowland says Destiny shows with Beyoncé and Michelle Williams may be on the way
- Mila Kunis and Michelle Williams can’t stay focused when photographers get in their face
- Lady with world's biggest closet helps NJ girl
- University of Miami football, basketball may need to start over after booster Nevin Shapiro scandal
- Carmel schools' HR director placed on administrative leave
- 54 places to watch fireworks in New Jersey
Lady Louise thrilled to follow in Kate and William footsteps as university place confirmed have 1186 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 18, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.