Lady Gaga kick-started the North American tour of her Chromatica Ball with a strong message.
The pop star took a moment out to voice her support for abortion rights and gay marriage during her concert in Washington, D.C., on Monday night.
Addressing her more than 40,000 fans, the Shallow singer told the audience, "I would like to dedicate this song to every woman in America. To every woman who now has to worry about her body if she gets pregnant. I pray that this country will speak up, that we will stick together, and that we will not stop until it's right! For every woman."
She further added, "I didn't mean to be, like, a downer, but there's some [expletive] that's more important than show business."
Gaga's response came after the US Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade. Since then, nearly 25 states have moved to enact laws barring citizens from safe access to abortion.
During her concert, the House of Gucci star dedicated Born This Way song to the LGBTQ+ community. "This might not be the national anthem, but it's our national anthem! They better not try to mess with gay marriage in this country!" she said.
- Stream Kylie Minogue’s Cover of Lady Gaga’s ‘Marry the Night’ If You Love Love
- Deep Inside the Unreal World of Lady Gaga
- Pope Francis: ‘Scourge of Abortion Is Attack on Life’
- ‘This Is a Wave’: Inside the Network of Anti-Abortion Activists Winning Across the Country
- 70 best documentaries on Netflix to watch right now
- Will Amy Coney Barrett Finally Explain Her Ties to Anti-Gay Hate Group?
- David Marcus: The Periodic Table of the New American Right
- 75 best horror movies and series on Netflix to watch right now
- 80 best horror movies and series on Netflix to watch right now
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court’s Feminist Icon, Is Dead at 87
- The Oral History of Madonna’s
- Rag’n’Bone Man splits from girlfriend after almost a year of dating
- Everything you can watch on Apple TV+
- 15 Artists Going on Tour Again This Summer
- Antonin Scalia, Justice on the Supreme Court, Dies at 79
- This Week in Comedy Podcasts: A Perfect
- CNN Has Finally Had Enough of Rick Santorum
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Israel-Hamas cease-fire underway; Biden praises 'unconditional' truce
- David Gilmour and Polly Samson on What Keeps Their Creative Partnership Strong
- Who is Michael Costello and what did he accuse Chrissy Teigen of?
Lady Gaga defends abortion rights and gay marriage at Chromatica Ball have 411 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.