The Global Liveability Index released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) reveals the world's best and worst places to live in 2022 and Karachi is among the top 10 worst places , once again.
The index analysed and marked 172 cities for five factors: infrastructure, health care, education, culture, and entertainment.
The most liveable cities in world were mostly in Europe and Canada due to good infrastructure and stability. The index, as quoted by CNBC , said that these cities provided good health care and multiple opportunities for entertainment.
Austria's city Vienna topped the list of top 10 places to live in the world. It achieved an overall rating of 95.1/100 where it scored a whopping 100 for education and infrastructure.
Vienna held the top position in 2018 and 2019 as well.
Three cities from Canada alone made it to the list of top 10.
Following are the best places to live in 2022.
1. Vienna , Austria
2. Copenhagen, Denmark
3. Zurich, Switzerland
4. Calgary, Canada
5. Vancouver, Canada
6. Geneva, Switzerland
7. Frankfurt, Germany
8. Toronto, Canada
9. Amsterdam, Netherlands
10. Osaka, Japan and Melbourne, Australia.
Among the worst places to live in the world were cities in developing countries. War-stricken Syria’s capital has been ranked as the worst city to live in.
Damascus, Syria, with a score of 20 for stability is the worst place. The rest of the list is as follows:
2. Tehran, Iran
3. Douala, Cameroon
4. Harare, Zimbabwe
5. Dhaka, Bangladesh
6. Port Moresby, PNG
7. Karachi, Pakistan
8. Algiers, Algeria
9. Tripoli, Libya
10. Lagos, Nigeria
- Why CES Is The Worst Place On Earth To Showcase The Future
- Full list of places you must wear face mask from Friday July 24 shared by Government
- Large Cap Stocks | Small Cap Stocks: Rising rate cycle may crush overpriced largecaps & new age listings: Shankar Sharma
- Worst roads to break down on across the UK mapped: Scotland 'unfortunate' for drivers
- Two young heroes prove age is no barrier to joining New Year Honours list
- Couple explain how they paid off £24,000 debt - and are now on track to make £1million
- ‘Earn £50 an hour!’ Dad shares how Britons can make hundreds of pounds extra per day
- 5 considerations that can help make preparing your taxes easier
- Cost of living cause: Why net-zero will stop rising prices - 'Not too late'
- Free cash to side hustles - 50 ways Britons can make extra money as bills rise
- Top 10 | ABP LIVE Afternoon Bulletin: Top News Headlines from 25 March 2022
- Cul-de-sacs? They're right up my street! TV's Neighbours is coming to an end, but living in a close is as popular as ever
- Delhi to Doha flight makes emergency landing in Karachi: Pakistan authorities
- Small wins, big resolve: What is making Pakistan’s Aurat March move on
- Shubhra Gupta’s list of the best movies of 2021, and why no Bollywood biggie made the cut
- Britain’s worst drivers revealed – where does your area rank?
- Best and worst Hindi films of 2021 so far: Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar, Radhe on the list
- Is your broadband worst in the UK? The results are in - find out the winners and losers
- Full list of UK shops still offering shopping & delivery despite 'non-essential' lockdown
- Oscars 2022 LIVE – Prepare for ‘non-traditional’ Academy Awards show as industry continues recovery from pandemic
Karachi makes it to list of worst places to live in, again have 507 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.