Johnny Depp is reportedly celebrating after signing a multi-million deal with Dior to continue to be the face of Sauvage cologne amid his legal battle with ex-wife Amber Heard
Johnny Depp is reportedly celebrating after signing a deal with Dior to continue being the face of Sauvage cologne.
According to reports, the Pirates of the Caribbean star will be paid a seven-figure sum in the multi-year deal after sales of the men’s scent skyrocketed during his court battle with ex-wife, Amber Heard – who is fighting to overturn the verdict in Johnny’s defamation lawsuit against her.
WATCH: Kate Moss says ex-boyfriend Johnny Depp never pushed her down the stairs
Johnny is said to have already signed on the dotted line and has even done promotional photos for Dior’s new campaign, according to TMZ.
The site claims that Johnny was photographed for the campaign by fashion photographer Greg Williams when he attended one of Johnny and Jeff Beck’s gigs in Paris.
Johnny’s good news comes just weeks after it was revealed that Amber is seeking a retrial after alleging that an incorrect juror was part of the jury that awarded Johnny $10million in compensatory damages, and $5million in punitive costs.
Johnny has been the face of Dior Sauvage since 2015
Amber’s lawyers claim that the mistake entitles her to a mistrial “based on newly discovered facts and information”. In documents filed with the Circuit Court of Fairfax County, the actress has claimed that “Juror No. 15 was not the individual summoned for jury duty on April 11, 2022”.
The documents claim the person initially selected was 77 years old but shares the same last name and address as a 52-year-old, the latter of whom was the one who served as a juror in the six-week trial.
Johnny won all three defamation claims in his $50million lawsuit against Amber, which stemmed from a 2018 op-ed article she wrote for The Washington Post in which she said she was a “public figure representing domestic abuse”.
Johnny and Amber’s trial lasted six weeks
While the piece did not identify Johnny by name, his attorneys said it “incalculably” damaged his career, costing him acting roles. She then countersued him for $100m.
The jury found that Amber defamed Johnny in her accusations, saying that the Aquaman star acted with “actual malice” with her claims. The jury also awarded Amber $2million after finding that Johnny had defamed her through his attorney.
Read more HELLO! US stories here
Like this story? Sign up to our HELLO! Mail newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.
- Johnny Depp 'threw champagne bottle at Amber Heard' before 'dragging her by hair'
- Johnny Depp once threatened to throw Amber Heard's Yorkshire Terrier out of the window of a moving car and MICROWAVE it while another puppy swallowed 'quite a lot' of the actor's cannabis, court hears
- Johnny Depp denies throttling and headbutting Amber Heard as he punched walls in furious row
- Johnny Depp calls his relationship with Amber Heard 'a crime scene waiting to happen'
- Johnny Depp denies inflicting huge bruise on Amber Heard shown in court
- Actor Johnny Depp was punched by ex-wife Heard, UK court told
- Johnny Depp wrote 'I love you' in blood after severing his finger while attacking ME, says Amber Heard: Actor 'pushed his wife into a ping pong table, tore off her night gown, and choked her against refrigerator while filming Pirates of The Caribbean'
- Johnny takes his revenge on the stand: Depp says Amber Heard drank two bottles of wine a night, would chop his lines of cocaine AND take it herself, repeatedly secretly filmed him - and 'all hell would break loose' if he didn't feed her attention'
- 'She is SO F***IN' AMBITIOUS!': Johnny Depp claims Amber Heard 'acquired him for fame' but 'hammered him' for 'being a sad old man' in explosive texts - as bodyguard says 'she stubbed a cigarette on his FACE after severing finger with vodka bottle'
- Amber Heard arrives at court with her squad hours after hitting the town with her sister until the small hours of the morning - as Johnny Depp prepares to take the stand for a third day of trial
- Amber's dirty laundry? Court sees Johnny Depp's faeces-stained bed – but actress insists she didn't defecate on it and claims he previously ordered his assistant to pull similar prank and frame her DOG for it
- Johnny Depp 'threatened to cut off Elon Musk's penis' in rant to Lady Gaga's ex-fiance over the SpaceX founder's relationship with Amber Heard
- A pint of whisky and four lines of cocaine for lunch: Johnny Depp's libel trial is shown a picture taken by Amber Heard of his skull and crossbones 'pill box' and mountain of drugs and alcohol
- Johnny Depp begs Amber Heard to cut him as he plays with a knife in chilling footage
- Amber Heard describes moment she 'feared she would die when Johnny Depp throttled her and said 'I'm going to f****** kill you and I'll f*** your corpse' as she claims she was powerless in their marriage
- Wrecked, blood-spattered kitchen where Johnny Depp's severed finger was found by assistant is revealed by aide - who says Amber Heard started most of their arguments and tells how they 'argued like schoolchildren'
- Amber Heard claims Johnny Depp gave her 'two black eyes' day before she posed for selfies on the Late, Late Show with James Corden - but make-up artist who styled her on set says she didn't see a single injury
- How Amber Heard secretly recorded her interior designer friend claiming Johnny Depp's 'a*****e' US lawyer forced her to sign High Court statement saying actress was 'physically abusive' to him
- 'You f****** haymakered me': Johnny Depp accuses Amber Heard of attacking him with a 'roundhouse punch' and says he was in a bad mood at her 30th birthday party because he'd just discovered he'd lost $650MILLION
- Johnny Depp wanted to DNA test sheet feces to determine their origin and complained 'my wife left a whooper poo on my bed' before telling Amber Heard he wanted a divorce on conference call with assistant
Johnny Depp celebrates huge career news as Amber Heard legal battle continues have 1064 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.