Thomas Markle Jr hits out at Meghan for 'not reaching out to dad'
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Meghan Markle's half-brother appeared on GB News last week following the release of a tell-all book about the Duchess of Sussex. Thomas Markle Jr, 55, endorsed the bombshell unauthorised biography which has been slammed as an attack on Meghan. He also did not hold back when speaking about his half-sister, saying she needs to stay out of politics and “go back to rescuing chickens”.
He said: "You know, you're going to a memorial for Mandela at the UN building which is an open invitation to anyone in the general public.
"Then you start talking about peace and politics which has nothing to do with anything there at that point.
"Sussexes, they need to stick to rescuing chickens in Montecito and stay out of politics."
Samantha and Thomas Markle Jr are ‘incapable of keeping quiet, according to a royal expert. (Image: Good Morning Britain, Getty Images, GB News)
Thomas appeared on GB News last week. (Image: GB News)
Prince Harry’s highly-anticipated book will not be the juicy tell-all some royal commentators have described, as it is “not in the Duke of Sussex’s DNA” to be “salacious” about the Royal Family.
This is not the first time that Thomas, nor his sister Samantha, have commented on Meghan and Harry with a negative tone.
In fact, their criticism began in the early days of their half-sister's relationship with the prince.
Speaking during the 2022 Channel 5 documentary, 'Harry & Meghan Vs The Monarchy', she said: "Every other week it seemed, they came out with some more very cruel criticism of their half-sister."
Meghan Markle’s life in pictures. (Image: Express.co.uk)
She continued: "They just seemed incapable of keeping quiet at this point."
Richard Kay, royal expert and friend of the late Diana, Princess of Wales , speculated that not being invited to Meghan and Harry's wedding may have spurred some of the criticism.
He told the documentary: "The fact that none of them had been invited to the wedding clearly rankled hugely.
"Meghan's answer to that was that they played very little part in her life."
DON’T MISS: Princess Anne ‘always knew Meghan had short royal shelf-life’ [VIDEO] Royal POLL: Should Beatrice and Eugenie be included in slim monarchy? [VOTE] Princess Eugenie and Beatrice’s ‘contrasting personalities’ [INSIGHT]
Meghan and Harry got married in May 2018. (Image: Getty Images)
The Duchess affirmed this feeling in her now-infamous interview with Oprah Winfrey .
Meghan told the chat show host that she “grew up as an only child”.
Her comments about her childhood have recently been brought back into focus as part of a legal suit brought by Samantha.
The 57-year-old is suing the Duchess in a defamation case, and has honed in on Meghan's comment about her upbringing as an "only child".
The Duchess’ half-sister is hoping to win £57,000 worth of damages following Meghan’s comments and the notorious royal biography, 'Finding Freedom', by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, that Samantha is claiming subjected her to "humiliation, shame and hatred on a worldwide scale".
Meghan sat down for an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021. (Image: Getty Images)
Both authors have previously denied that the Sussexes had any direct involvement.
Last month, Meghan’s lawyers responded by saying her comments about growing up without siblings were clearly subjective, not factual, noting her words to be a “textbook example of a subjective statement about how a person feels about her childhood”.
Her team are also putting forth an argument that says Meghan can’t be sued for anything in relation to Finding Freedom, as she was not the author.
However, Samantha is pushing the narrative that the Duchess could have had off-record conversations with the authors and is therefore also liable.
Samantha's lawyers have since claimed they have a "viable" defamation case against Meghan because they have "actual proof of the falsity" of statements she made.
Jamie Sasson, of the Ticktin Law Group, told Newsweek last week: "This is a viable claim because we have actual proof of the falsity of these statements and that Meghan Markle made these statements.
"In Oprah, they were directly made and in 'Finding Freedom' it was instructed to put these things into the book by Mrs Markle [Meghan] through the email. If we didn’t have the email it would be a different story."
He concluded: ‘The part that is missed in this whole thing is they’re acting as if there was no harm that came from these statements that were made."
Mr Sasson referred to statements made in an email from Meghan that was sent to Kensington Palace communications secretary Jason Knauf.
The email, which was supplied to a UK court by Mr Knauf as evidence in a lawsuit filed by Meghan against the Mail on Sunday over their publication of a private letter written to her father, showed that the Duchess offered him information with which to brief authors Mr Scobie and Ms Durand.
Mr Sasson said that they will argue Meghan "instructed" that certain elements were included in the book.
Meghan and Samantha are thought to have last seen each other in 2008; their rocky relationship exploded into public view after the royal engagement was announced in 2017.
Meghan Markle’s family tree. (Image: Express.co.uk)
Like her brother and father, Samantha has participated in numerous interviews attacking the Duchess.
She also released a book about her sister last year titled 'The Diary of Princess Pushy’s Sister: A Memoir, Part One'.
It lays bare details of the Markles’ upbringing, including the rivalry when their father was still married to the former actress’s mother Doria Ragland .
But Samantha also writes of her adoration for Meghan as a baby and described the infant as "bi-racial, beautiful, and was both the colour of a peach, and a rose".
Samantha Markle is suing her half-sister for defamation. (Image: Good Morning Britain)
A judge is set to rule on Meghan’s filing to have her half-sister’s lawsuit dismissed with no date set for when the ruling will be delivered.
- Harry does ‘not look happy’ as Kate and Will return to favourite event
- Princess Beatrice ‘clashed’ with Eugenie over Meghan and Harry snub
- Harry to use Meghan’s words to ‘fight family battles’ in memoir
- William and Harry will ‘go separate ways’ as reconciliation ‘doubtful’
- Diana saw Harry as ‘wingman’ for William in ‘lonely job’ as king
- Prince William is 'worried' about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and hopes they 'are all right' as royal aides fear the couple are 'in a fragile place' in wake of ITV documentary
- EXCLUSIVE: I fear we will never have another family Thanksgiving with Meghan: Doria Ragland's brother shares memories of Markle's 'little family's' celebrations
- Crown Jewel Intrigue: Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, Diana, Camilla and the Epic Tale of Royal Tiaras
- 66 Books Coming In 2019 That You'll Want To Keep On Your Radar
- East Wind community in Missouri continues to grow
- Royal communications staff shocked over Prince Harry’s press statement as fallout continues in Britain
- American Pharoah’s Mile and a Half to History
- Does continuity matter on a Halloween
- Mass starvation looms quietly as civil war in Yemen rages
- Best books of 2016 – part two
- We now know what
- Climbing the roof top to see Buhari
- ‘I got a scheme!’ – the moment Saul Bellow found his voice
- Not Again: 24 Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice
- FMIA Week 11: Football Changes Fast, As Lamar Jackson’s Rise Reminds
- The 30 Best Superhero Movies Since
- The 35 best TV performances of 2016 (and one worst)
- PIERS MORGAN: I didn’t believe a word Prince Pinocchio said about his pedophile friend and fiend Epstein in his stomach-churning interview – and if he now doesn’t tell the FBI what he really knows, then he’s finished in public life
- The 100 best films of the decade (so far), #21-50
- The Truth About Fergie's Unusual Arrangement With Ex-Husband Prince Andrew
‘Incapable of keeping quiet!' Meghan's half-siblings continue with 'cruel criticism' have 1552 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.