Diggory Hadoke says ‘authorities have to protect stupid people’
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Environmentalist Ali Tabrizi and hunting advocate Diggory Hadoke were embroiled in a debate over Freya the walrus being put down when they appeared on Tuesday’s instalment of Good Morning Britain . ITV hosts Charlotte Hawkins and Rob Rinder challenged Diggory after he defended the controversial decision to put the 600kg animal down when she had not harmed anyone.
Freya was euthanised on Sunda y following the refusal of crowds to stay away from her after she was seen basking in the sun on boats in waters near Oslo.
GMB: Freya the walrus was put down over public safety concerns on Sunday (Image: ITV)
GMB: Crowds were gathering to see Freya which led to her euthanisation (Image: ITV)
Rhiannon fumed: “#GMB what a nasty p***k – disgusting mentality.”
Stephanie added: “Why are they giving that horror Dickory any airtime? Vile man #GMB?”
Gill penned: “#RobertRinder thank you SO much for defending the rights of all animals this morning. You held that deplorable hunter to account. Made me feel sick listening to his comments about individual animals being inconsequential #GMB.”
GMB: ITV host Rob Rinder hit out over the walrus’ death (Image: ITV)
GMB: The show’s two guests clashed over Freya being put down in Norway (Image: ITV)
Other viewers told their followers how saddened they were by the decision to put down the walrus.
Kez raged: “Disgusting that an animal had to be killed because people couldn’t use their common sense and stay away. #GMB.”
Sarah Jane Palmer added: “It's abhorrent that anyone would put down Freya. She was happy and healthy.
“Absolute shame on humanity too that so many tried to get photos with her, interrupting her sleep and throwing things to get her attention. Humanity needs putting to sleep tbh #FreyaTheWalrus @GMB.” (sic)
DON’T MISS… Meghan Markle and Prince Harry coverage slammed by GMB viewers [LATEST] Keir Starmer ‘cut off’ after Rob Rinder clash over strike [MUST SEE] Keir Starmer clashes with GMB hosts on cost of living grilling [UPDATE]
As the Good Morning Britain row continued, Diggory added: “Animals like this are inconsequential, it’s a shame.”
Rob raged in response to his comments: “What did you just say? Inconsequential?”
Diggory interjected: “Sometimes when human-animal conflict happens, as I say, unfortunately, people will always take the view to protect humans.
“They were told not to go [near her] and they did and unfortunately, the authorities have to protect stupid people.”
“My jaw is open, sorry I am so shocked”, Rob replied before the hunting advocate said: “The Government knows when they do something like this there will be a massive backlash.
“We give these animals names, people want to get close to them and swim with them and treat them like there are things on television, [but] they are wild, dangerous animals.”
Ali, on the other hand, thought more efforts should have been made to make the public keep their distance from Freya.
Good Morning Britain airs on weekdays from 6am on ITV.
- Richard Madeley announces break from Good Morning Britain
- Richard Madeley sparks uproar after telling guest ‘Get to the point’
- GMB fans ‘in tears’ as ‘hero’ helps elderly with free handiwork
- Amazon chaos: Workers launch 'wave' of protests across UK depots
- Adil Ray shut down by Coffey as she tries to end GMB interview
- Good Morning Britain viewers fume as hosts celebrate Christmas three months early
- GMB viewers furious with guest who insists single mums should not get IVF on the NHS
- Piers Morgan fumes ‘you can’t revive dead people’ in another heated clash with son Spencer over coronavirus
- BBC viewers outraged as historian becomes second presenter to use N word in three days
- Kendall Jenner’s birthday party staff at fancy hotel felt ‘uncomfortable’ as ‘100 celeb guests’ refused to wear masks
- 'I can't face life without you': Last text of grandfather, 62, who 'killed himself with morphine overdose' after being dumped over failing Jeremy Kyle lie detector test - as ITV takes show off air
- Celebrity news LIVE: Stevie Lee dead, Diversity’s BGT dance has 10,000 complaints and Diana Rigg’s daughter pays tribute
- The best shows to binge watch on Netflix right now
- Emotional Amber Heard hugs family after hearing Johnny Depp verdict: Actress toasts victory with champagne-shaped balloon as judge brands ex-husband 'a monster' who beat her 12 times at end of £5m libel trial that leaves his career in ruins
- Emily Atack on the impact of the horrific sexual harassment she faces every day
- Wagatha Christie one year on - latest on Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy's explosive WAG war
- 'It's a kick in the teeth': Furious Irish expats say they WILL go home for Christmas - despite government plea to stay away - as France and Sweden warn of travel ban and Holland BANS New Year fireworks
- Kate Garraway is being ‘eaten alive by constant uncertainty’ over whether her husband will ever leave hospital, says pal
- Inside Bob Dylan’s Lost Interviews and Unseen Letters
- Bloke tailors his McDonald’s order because he hates salad and people can’t stop laughing when they see it
- Ex-soap stars and their normal jobs - firefighter, cheese maker and security guards
- Melania Trump tries to keep White House residence safe from her COVID husband Donald with filtration system and hospital-grade cleaning - as Ivanka quarantines from West Wing and staff fear they're next
GMB viewers fume as guest defends Freya the Walrus being put down 'Disgusting mentality' have 1049 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.