The international dressage rider finished second place on this year's series after finding romance with fishmonger Luca Bish .
It certainly wasn't the smoothest journey for the couple, who got into a series of heated arguments as the show progressed, including Luca fuming after Gemma licking Adam Collard during a challenge and proceeding to sulk for the rest of the day.
Luca was also accused of being too 'protective' of Gemma, notably when bombshell Billy Brown tried to get to know her.
Despite the tense moments, Gemma's football legend dad Michael couldn't be more pleased with the way his eldest daughter handled herself.
Speaking to Richard Madeley and Charlotte Hawkins on Good Morning Britain, Gemma revealed: 'He just says, "So proud, you didn't do anything to sort of disgrace us". He's happy. Everyone seems just buzzing which is nice.'
Luca, 23, confirmed he's yet to meet the man himself but Gemma, 19, reunited with her family at their home in Wales over the weekend.
The two were later quizzed on the status of their relationship and while they're yet to confirm they're boyfriend and girlfriend, Gemma said: 'I mean we're pretty much official, we've just not got a label on it. That's up to Luca.'
The Brighton-native insisted: 'I will do it.'
Luca also shut down recent reports they had an argument at the Love Island reunion taping last week, after photos emerged of them looking downcast with each other.
However, he explained that they were simply snapped walking separately without talking which led to the false assumption they'd had a row.
During the reunion special which aired on Sunday, Luca faced criticism from viewers after jokingly fuming that he and Gemma came second to Ekin-Su Culculoglu and Davide Sanclimenti.
Good Morning Britain airs weekdays at 6am on ITV.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Take Me Out The Gossip presenter Laura Jackson reveals she’s given birth to second baby at home
- EXCLUSIVE: Bill Cosby's lawyer insists he 'never had a fair shot' in his sexual assault trial as the disgraced actor refuses to listen in on hearing to overturn his conviction
- Daughter of one of Britain's first gay dads Saffron Drewitt-Barlow says she'll donate her eggs to help her father, 50, and her ex-boyfriend, 25, have another baby together
- Barrie Drewitt-Barlow, 50, one of Britain's first gay dads reveals he now wants TWINS after welcoming a baby girl via surrogate with his fiancé, 25 - who used to date his eldest daughter
- Former Fawlty Towers, Downton Abbey and EastEnders actor Nicky Henson dies aged 74 as family say he had a 19-year 'disagreement' with cancer
- The 53 best shows on Hulu right now
- Dancing On Ice 2021 line-up: Confirmed contestants and latest rumours
- Loose Women’s Andrea McLean says her biggest regret is taking so long to get help for her breakdown
- Where original Gogglebox stars are now - tragic deaths, bitter feud and forgotten faces
- Best podcasts 2020: what's worth listening to right now
- The 100 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- Tale of Two Tiers: Londoners enjoy post-lockdown pints, barbers report a 'roaring trade' and café boss sees 'light after darkness' in Tier 2... while people in Manchester say 'nothing's changed' in Tier 3
- Brooke Burns talks meeting Alex Trebek on ‘Baywatch’ and whether she would host ‘Jeopardy!’
- Disney+ Programming: Here’s What Was Announced Or Confirmed For Streamer During Disney Investor Day
- Steven Spielbergs dubious history with gaming
- Inside Peter Andre’s stunning house with rare look at cinema, kids’ playroom and his and wife Emily’s SEPARATE bathrooms
- The 12 Best Episodes Of TV In 2020
- How James Bond star Sir Sean Connery went from Navy man to Hollywood legend
Gemma Owen reveals dad Michael was relieved she ‘didn’t disgrace’ family on Love Island have 730 words, post on metro.co.uk at August 8, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.