The singer was announced as the 12th celebrity to join this year's line-up, saying she's 'excited to learn new skills' and wants to 'soak up every moment of this magical experience.'
The 34-year-old also revealed how much this meant to her family, as she'll be honouring her father who was a big Strictly fan.
Fleur's dad Malcolm 'Max' East died from a heart attack in 2020, during lockdown.
Speaking to Ranvir Singh on Lorraine today, Fleur became emotional as she remembered her dad.
'For me it's sentimental because my dad, who passed away in 2020, Strictly was his favourite show,' she shared.
'I'm just going to be doing it for him.
'I'm gutted he can't see me do it, but I'm going to keep him in mind when I'm doing the show.'
She added: 'My family for that reason are going to be buzzing.'
Fleur also shared how excited her husband Marcel is, saying: 'He cannot wait for me to do this, he's going to be like my coach at home.'
The Sax singer added that she feels 'so nervous' amid the 'pressure' of the ballroom.
She said: 'I can dance in the club and on stage but I've never done any technical dancing.
'Put me on TikTok and I'm away, but this ballroom is a different level.'
Fleur added: 'I'm honestly terrified about the level of technique to learn,' continuing: 'I'll be out of my depth!'
Last year, Fleur opened up about the loss of her dad and the grief she faced during lockdown.
'It's quite daunting coming out of lockdown for so many reasons but especially because we lost my dad at the start of the pandemic so for us we relate going into lockdown with the loss of my dad,' she shared.
'So we've had, in some ways, the fortunate time of being able to grieve in private and not having to face everyone.
'But it almost feels like the world has stopped with our grief and now, when the world goes back to normal, it's going to be weird to adjust to normal life without my dad because I haven't experienced that. It's a scary thought actually doing that.'
When her father died Fleur posted a lovely message to Instagram honouring her dad.
Crediting Malcolm with 'swagger in abundance', 'an unforgettable presence' and being 'loved by so many', expressed her loss in a positive, loving way.
'Daddy East, Max, the ultimate G!' she wrote. 'What a man you were! So young at heart, always living in the moment!'
Lorraine airs weekdays from 9am on ITV.
What we know about Strictly Come Dancing 2022 so far
Who are the judges?
Head judge Shirley Ballas will be joined once again by fellow judges Craig Revel Horwood and Motsi Mabuse.
Anton Du Beke will also be returning to judge , after it was confirmed that he would be officially replacing Bruno Tonioli.
Who are the new professional dancers?
There are four new pros joining the line-up: Vito Coppola, Carlos Gu, Lauren Oakley and Michelle Tsiakkas.
Which professional dancers have left?
Will there be a studio audience?
Yes – following past restrictions put in place due to the pandemic, the full studio audience is set to return this year, while the see-through dividers between the judges will also be removed.
When is the show returning?
The BBC has revealed that the launch show for the 2022 series is due to be recorded on Wednesday September 7.
Therefore, it's likely that it will air a few days later on Saturday September 10, although the exact date of the first episode is yet to be disclosed.
Find out more about Strictly 2022 here .
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Strictly Come Dancing professionals 'fight for a pay rise' after their tours are cancelled amid the coronavirus pandemic
- Strictly Come Dancing presenters and judges to host three-part special from their homes
- Maya Jama is 'set to be offered a SIX-FIGURE sum to take part in this year's Strictly Come Dancing'
- FIFTH Strictly Come Dancing contestant revealed as Catherine Tyldesley
- Radio 1 DJ Maya Jama set to be offered six-figure sum for Strictly Come Dancing
- Strictly Come Dancing bosses 'secure' biggest names in showbiz for this year's series
- Will Matthew Wright ever take to the dance floor on Strictly Come Dancing? Video
- Strictly Come Dancing fan Gruff Crowther has raised funds for CLIC Sargent
- Strictly Come Dancing fans convinced Gok Wan is seventh celebrity contestant after big clue
- 'It was like she was choking': James Jordan reveals he and wife Ola had to rush baby daughter Ella to hospital after terrifying health scare
- Dianne Buswell and Joe Sugg take fans back in time as they dress up for 80s inspired aerobics class... as Zoe Ball insists Strictly WILL return this year
- 'Whatever happens, it'll air somehow': Strictly's It Takes Two host Zoe Ball is convinced the competition show WILL return this year amid COVID-19
- I’m A Celeb and Strictly ‘battle it out to sign Joe Wicks in big money deal’
- 'It definitely affected my work': Steve Coogan reveals his heavy cocaine use impacted the second series of I'm Alan Partridge in 2002
- Amanda Holden EXCLUSIVE: BGT judge reveals she pressed her Golden Buzzer for Sammy and Honey as they made her think of her own relationship with eldest daughter Alexa, 14
- James and Ola Jordan close to tears during emotional moment with baby Ella
- James Jordan gives update on dad's second stroke after tense month
- Gemma Atkinson hints that baby Mia is ready for Strictly's return – see cute photo
- Strictly star Iveta Lukosiute reveals newborn baby's worrying health scare
- Liam Payne reveals he gets ‘cut off’ from daily FaceTime with Bear, 3, as Cheryl struggles to keep him talking
Fleur East tearfully reveals signing up to Strictly Come Dancing ‘for her dad’: ‘I’m doing it for him’ have 1133 words, post on metro.co.uk at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.