The Sax hitmaker, 34, said she feels 'equally nervous and thrilled' to join the popular programme.
'I'm excited to learn new skills and I want to soak up every moment of this magical experience,' she said.
While it's a little early to guess who will be crowned Strictly winner, it seems as though Fleur is the top contenter with Ladbrokes putting the former X Factor star at odds of 7/2.
Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: 'Our traders clearly think Fleur will have the X Factor on the dancefloor this autumn, and the current odds suggest it'll take something pretty spectacular to stop her from taking home this year's Glitterball Trophy.'
While actress Kym is at 5/1 and Molly at 6/1 odds.
And it looks like they might be onto something as fans are also convinced the star will make it all the way, with one writing: 'Haven't even seen the rest of the line up for #strictly but I'm saying it now, I think Fleur East will win this year. Cannot wait to see her dance.'
'They may as well just crown Fleur now,' another added.
Speaking to Ranvir Singh during Thursday's Lorraine, Fleur became emotional as she remembered her dad who died from a heart attack two years ago.
'For me it's sentimental because my dad, who passed away in 2020, Strictly was his favourite show,' she shared.
'I'm just going to be doing it for him.
'I'm gutted he can't see me do it, but I'm going to keep him in mind when I'm doing the show.'
She added: 'My family for that reason are going to be buzzing.'
Fleur also shared how excited her husband Marcel is, saying: 'He cannot wait for me to do this, he's going to be like my coach at home.'
Following her X Factor stint, Fleur launched her solo career in 2012 with Strictly Rhythm and released songs with dance musicians including DJ Fresh and Drumsound & Bassline Smith.
Fleur has released two full-length albums, 2015's Love, Sax and Flashbacks, and 2020 record Fearless.
What we know about Strictly Come Dancing 2022 so far
Who are the judges?
Head judge Shirley Ballas will be joined once again by fellow judges Craig Revel Horwood and Motsi Mabuse.
Anton Du Beke will also be returning to judge , after it was confirmed that he would be officially replacing Bruno Tonioli.
Who are the new professional dancers?
There are four new pros joining the line-up: Vito Coppola, Carlos Gu, Lauren Oakley and Michelle Tsiakkas.
Which professional dancers have left?
Will there be a studio audience?
Yes – following past restrictions put in place due to the pandemic, the full studio audience is set to return this year, while the see-through dividers between the judges will also be removed.
When is the show returning?
The BBC has revealed that the launch show for the 2022 series is due to be recorded on Wednesday September 7.
Therefore, it's likely that it will air a few days later on Saturday September 10, although the exact date of the first episode is yet to be disclosed.
Find out more about Strictly 2022 here .
Strictly Come Dancing returns later this year on BBC One.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- 'He thinks he's bigger than the show': Stacey Dooley 'pushed boyfriend Kevin Clifton to quit Strictly Come Dancing so they can become a TV power couple'
- Ed Balls admits he is 'scared to death' as he joins Strictly Come Dancing
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020 rumours: Stacey Solomon, Alan Carr and Michelle Keegan
- Strictly Come Dancing star's naked pictures leaked after theft by online hackers
- No cha-chance! 15 high-flying stars who turned down the opportunity to star on Strictly Come Dancing
- Michelle Keegan 'top of the list' for Strictly Come Dancing 2020 line-up
- Kelly Brook pulls out of Strictly Come Dancing
- Judge Rinder admits he lied about Blackpool on Strictly Come Dancing
- I'm A Celeb winner Harry Redknapp reunites with former campmates Nick Knowles, Fleur East and James McVey
- Fleur East set to tie the knot with 10-year boyfriend in glam wedding abroad
- I'm A Celebrity: Fleur East's secret heartache revealed and why she hid tears from campmates
- Strictly viewers think Brendan Cole is leaving BBC dance show
- Strictly live tour postponed for a year due to coronavirus global pandemic
- 'She's glamorous and loves the show too': Strictly bosses are 'desperate to sign up Michelle Keegan for this year's series following her departure from Our Girl'
- AJ Pritchard 'in talks' to take part in I'm A Celebrity following sudden Strictly exit
- Michelle Keegan is top of Strictly bosses’ wish list for next series – and they’re determined to sign her up
- Strictly star Anton du Beke shares rare photo of daughter Henrietta inside their stunning home
- Kristina Rihanoff wants to partner up with Nicole Scherzinger for Strictly's first same-sex pair
- Fiona Phillips, 59, comes out of self-isolation as broadcaster is seen for first time since revealing she had contracted COVID-19
- Strictly's Stacey Dooley just made an exciting announcement - and it involves makeup!
Fleur East already early favourite to win Strictly Come Dancing 2022 have 1002 words, post on metro.co.uk at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.