The search warrant, served on August 8, was part of an ongoing Justice Department investigation into the discovery of classified White House records recovered from the former president’s Florida home in January this year.
“It has caused the greatest fundraising, my father’s poll numbers have absolutely gone through the roof,” Eric Trump said.
“They are not even talking about any other Republican candidates because they have all kind of disappeared, they are not even in the equation,” he said in reference to the possibility of his father standing as the Republican primary candidate in the 2024 presidential election.
He added: “Last night I had an argument between two people who were trying to buy Lara [Trump, his wife] and I dinner to apologize for what the United States Government has done to our family.
“You wouldn’t believe the energy out there, I have been through all of these firestorms over the years, I have never seen America more mad than it is right now.
“There is only so many times you can cry wolf, people are not buying this sham in the country, they see the weaponization of the FBI.
“They are calling it the police state in this country, people get this for what it is. They have removed the wool from people’s eyes and people know exactly what is going on.
“They are targeting Donald Trump, they are targeting his family, everyone around him, his lawyers, anybody who is close to Donald Trump. Anybody who is effective, they are targeting right now and people understand this for exactly what it is worth.”
Posting on his Truth Social website, he said: “Republicans could win many additional seats, both in the House & Senate , because of the strong backlash over the raid at [Mar]-a-Lago.
“Polls are showing that some lost Republican territory over the last number of weeks has been more than made up with the unannounced Break In by the FBI, which should never have happened!”
Trump also shared a number of news stories suggesting the Mar-a-Lago raid could boost the Republicans politically.
One, from Newsweek , reported on a Trafalgar Group and Convention of States Action poll which found more than 80 percent of Republicans say they are more likely to vote following the FBI operation.
Newsweek has contacted the Trump organization for comment.
- Trump reportedly joked Jared Kushner 'is half the size of Tom Brady's forearm'
- Trump’s payment explanations shift as legal exposure grows
- Cohen calls Trump 'a cheat,' citing records used in 2014 bid to buy Buffalo Bills
- President Trump breaks 69-day golfing drought to play round with Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus
- What is 5G and why did Trump nix a huge tech deal to boost America's lead in its development?
- Under Armour reckons with backlash to CEO’s comments on Trump
- Trump Awards Trophy at Marquee Sumo Event in Tokyo
- Spain: FBI offered data stolen in North Korean Embassy raid
- Trump reportedly watched the Super Bowl with the founder of the Florida spa where Kraft was charged
- Inauguration Day: Auto Industry Speaks Out on Uncertain Future Under Trump
- Trump’s fake accent angers Asian Americans as they veer left
- In El Paso, Trump and O'Rourke go head-to-head over wall
- Villanova's Jahvon Quinerly apologizes after he faked having his Instagram hacked
- Virginia’s German air raid QB can help legitimize the foreign game
- Not Even the FBI Knew the Secret Identity of This 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 LS6
- Ultimate used car buying guide 2015
- Eric Wynalda spreading soccer sunshine as Lights kick off second season
- Car Salesman Confidential: Try a Little Patience
- Kyrie Irving called LeBron James to apologize
- FBI looks for woman 'infatuated' with Columbine shooting
Eric Trump says people tried to buy him dinner to 'apologize' for FBI raid have 675 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.