'I am absolutely over the moon to be joining Strictly 2022. Never in a million years did I think I'd be on such a cool show,' he said.
'I've been watching it for years and I can't believe I'll actually be there dancing live in front of the British public.'
The wildlife cameraman, who also stars on Animal Park and appeared on the CBeebies show Let's Go for a Walk as Ranger Hamza, admitted that his dance skills are 'currently at the level of "1970s disco vibe".'
However, he added that he's 'ready to work hard and will be shaking it every time I get the chance', adding: 'Shake it 'til you make it!'
As a guest presenter on Countryfile, Hamza has become known for sharing his knowledge about wildlife with viewers.
When he was younger, Hamza, who was born in Sudan, moved to Scotland.
After studying at Bangor University, he earned a degree in Zoology with Conservation, before studying for a Masters in Biological Photography and Imaging at the University of Nottingham.
What we know about Strictly Come Dancing 2022 so far
Who are the judges?
Head judge Shirley Ballas will be joined once again by fellow judges Craig Revel Horwood and Motsi Mabuse.
Anton Du Beke will also be returning to judge , after it was confirmed that he would be officially replacing Bruno Tonioli.
Who are the new professional dancers?
There are four new pros joining the line-up: Vito Coppola, Carlos Gu, Lauren Oakley and Michelle Tsiakkas.
Which professional dancers have left?
Will there be a studio audience?
Yes – following past restrictions put in place due to the pandemic, the full studio audience is set to return this year, while the see-through dividers between the judges will also be removed.
When is the show returning?
The BBC has revealed that the launch show for the 2022 series is due to be recorded on Wednesday September 7.
Therefore, it's likely that it will air a few days later on Saturday September 10, although the exact date of the first episode is yet to be disclosed.
Find out more about Strictly 2022 here .
Having pursued his dream to become a wildlife cameraman and film Scottish wildlife in the Highlands, he recently took part in the Channel 4 documentary Scotland: My Life in the Wild, as well as Scotland, Escape to the Wilderness.
While he may not think much of his own dancing skills at before training begins, Hamza does have impressive physical achievements under his belt, having competed in the Highland Games.
Earlier today, singer and radio presenter Fleur East was announced as the 12th celebrity to join the cast this year, alongside fellow celebrities singer Matt Goss, former Britain's Got Talent star Molly Rainford, Paralympic swimmer Ellie Simmonds and Ted Lasso actress Ellie Taylor.
Also joining them will be comedian Jayde Adams, actress Kym Marsh, Loose Women panelist Kaye Adams, TV and radio presenter Richie Anderson, former England footballer Tony Adams, Kiss FM presenter Tyler West and actor Will Mellor.
Strictly Come Dancing returns later this year on BBC One and BBC iPlayer.
This is a breaking news story, more to follow soon… Check back shortly for further updates.
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected] , calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
For more stories like this, check our entertainment page.
Follow Metro.co.uk Entertainment on Twitter and Facebook for the latest celeb and entertainment updates. You can now also get Metro.co.uk articles sent straight to your device. Sign up for our daily push alerts here .
- Christine Quinn fans convinced Selling Sunset star is joining Strictly Come Dancing as she heads to UK for ‘big surprise’
- Janette Manrara announces shock departure from Strictly Come Dancing – here's why
- Frances Tophill: Gardeners’ World host addresses whether she'll do Strictly Come Dancing
- Strictly Come Dancing 2018: Former star ‘ordered to leave’ ice rink ‘I’m not proud’
- Strictly Come Dancing star Karen Clifton in tears after being subject to discrimination
- ‘Keep dancing!’ Has Line of Duty’s Tommy Jessop hinted at Strictly Come Dancing 2021?
- Strictly Come Dancing 2018 couples - catch up on all the launch show news
- Strictly Come Dancing: Oti Mabuse to return for 2021 series amid Masked Dancer doubts as professional dancer line-up is announced
- Strictly Come Dancing pro Janette Manrara confirmed to replace Zoe Ball on It Takes Two
- Strictly Come Dancing thrown into chaos as Aljaz Skorjanec 'could be forced to pull out'
- Jermaine Jenas to signs up to Strictly Come Dancing as Zoe Ball drops huge hint?
- Strictly Come Dancing and I’m a Celeb battle over Gok Wan
- ‘Tom boy’ Anneka Rice admits Strictly Come Dancing has got her into dresses
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Nicola Adams axed from show as Katya Jones tests positive for coronavirus
- Strictly Come Dancing bosses ‘keen to welcome two same-sex couples’ for 2021 series
- Aljaz Skorjanec breaks silence on wife Janette Manrara quitting Strictly Come Dancing
- Countryfile presenter Anita Rani to host Woman's Hour
- First Lincoln EV Teased, Coming In 2022
- Zoe Ball reacts as ex-Strictly star breaks silence on BBC show replacement after exit
- 'Shall we play up to it?' Strictly HRVY sets record straight on Maisie Smith 'romance'
Countryfile presenter Hamza Yassin announced as 13th celebrity to join Strictly Come Dancing 2022 line-up have 985 words, post on metro.co.uk at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.