A TIKTOK tech guru has highlighted a neat way to give your iPhone a good spring clean.
In a video uploaded on Tuesday, the user who goes by @letsdodiz showed fans how to hide Home Screen pages.
The Home Screen on your iPhone is where your apps are located, and if you swipe left or right you’ll find multiple pages.
Following an update to the iOS operating system in 2020, Apple let you hide pages you rarely use.
It’s an easy way to hide apps you rarely use without deleting them for good, and keeps clutter on your Home Screen to a minimum.
The best thing is, the layouts of your pages are kept intact while hidden so you can easily retrieve them in you change your mind.
As @letsdodiz points out, if you want a truly minimal Home Screen – with no apps on it at all – you’ll need to employ this trick.
He shared what he calls the “blank wallpaper” trick with his 2.2million followers on Tuesday.
Hiding a home screen page is simple.
First, make sure any apps that you want to hide are stored on a page you’re happy to hide.
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
Then hold your finger down on the home screen until your app icons start wiggling.
Next, tap on the bubble with dots inside it at the bottom of the display – the one that indicates which page you’re on.
This will bring you to a Home Screen view that lets you hide individual pages by “unticking” them.
Once you’re finished, just click Done in the top right-hand corner.
The apps on your hidden pages remain stored in the App Library, which you can access by scrolling all the way to the right of your home screen.
At any time, you can unhide your hidden pages by repeating the steps above and ticking them.
To go with the blank Home Screen look, simply remove all of the apps from one page and hide the rest by following the steps above.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat ?
- How to check if you’ve been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password ?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art ?
- What is OnlyFans ?
- What does Meta mean ?
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
- Google.com.vn hacked?
- Apple's nine-year iPhone juggernaut stops with first sales decline
- Siri gets a seat in iPhone-friendly cars
- Tips and trick to make painting easy with Dulux
- Actress returns to silver screen with remake
- Hollywood icon Lauren Bacall dead at 89: family
- Gadget nostalgia in Vietnam: My trusty Nokia
- B2B and social networks are the future for e-commerce
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 20-31 (daily updated)
- Cafés no longer just about coffee
- Social News Headlines 8/5
- Snowden seeks to develop anti-surveillance technologies
- The Suicide Elephant
- New World Hotels launch new mobile website
- France’s Arties Quartet to perform in Hanoi
- Viewer choice may render cinema quota law pointless
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR JULY 15-31 (daily updated)
- WHAT'S ON JUNE 1-15 (DAILY UPDATE)
- Celebrating Viet Nam News' 25th anniversary
- Firms urged to beware of security risks amid recent hacker attacks
Amazing iPhone hack INSTANTLY ‘cleans’ your screen – it’s so easy have 694 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.