WIMBLEDON has a famously strict dress code – but fans are loving that adidas’ bold new “bra” outfit has been given the green light by tournament officials.
In the past, SW19 bosses have even banned caps featuring even the merest splash of colour on the peak.
So fans were left refreshingly pleased after a number of ladies’ singles players were allowed to wear their bold new adidas outfit.
The two-piece ensemble has turned heads, with everyone on Twitter raving about it.
World No5 Maria Sakkari, 26, was the most-recent to show off the all-white outfit, which leaves the midriff exposed, after French ace Kristina Mladenovic had worn it earlier in the week.
And viewers are loving it, with the Tennis Podcast tweeting: “I have to shout out her futuristic 1950s outfit.
"She looks like someone from a utopian planet the Enterprise would visit only to discover their idyllic society is underpinned by repressive codes of justice. (A compliment)."
One fan replied: “This has got to be one of the best Wimby outfits I've ever seen, and one of the best recent outfits full stop.
“It's practical for use, looks like a tennis outfit, and is extremely flattering.
Most read in Sport
“Sakkari is wearing the hell out of this, she looks amazing.”
Another joked: “Sakkari’s outfit deserves to win Wimbledon.”
One added: “Best Wimbledon outfit award goes to Maria Sakkari.”
Greek ace Sakkari stormed into the third round after a 6-4 6-3 win over Viktoriya Tomova on Wednesday having won her first-round match against Australia qualifier Zoe Hives 6-1 6-4.
So fans will have at least one more glimpse of the fifth seed as she looks to make a deep run at this summer’s tournament.
Sakkari has never made it past the third round at Wimbledon.
- Arsenal star Aaron Ramsdale warned over conduct during matches by club legend
- Over Beers With Fans, Bayern Munich Delivers a Personal Touch
- Liverpool move would be ‘great’ for Borussia Dortmund sensation Erling Haaland, says Ruud Gullit
- Jack Wilshere blown away by Arsenal star Gabriel Martinelli in training and hails ‘genius’ Mikel Arteta
- Mack Hansen says Andy Farrell inspired his stunning Ireland Test debut
- Exeter make Novak Djokovic comment in vaccination hint on England star Henry Slade
- Glenn Hoddle slams Dele Alli outfit for Everton unveiling - 'Dragged off the street'
- Kendrick Lamar, Hip-Hop’s Newest Old-School Star
- The Most Amazing Statistical Achievement in U.S. Sports History
- Strictly's forgotten pro dancers now - bitter feuds, axing scandals and marrying celebs
- From Pro Kabaddi League to IPL, how blockchain has taken the sports industry by storm
- Union Berlin has a unique club culture in the Bundesliga: Find out more ahead of the Berlin derby against Hertha
- Sport stars' worst blonde barnets including Gerwyn Price's shocker and Tom Brady's mohawk
- Cocaine fuelling surge in fan violence at stadiums
- Presidents Club guest list: The men named on all-male charity dinner seating list and what they've said
- Question of Sport slammed after 'nobody' Made in Chelsea star Jamie Laing joined panel
- Man Utd lose to Middlesbrough: Five things we learned as Ralf Rangnick’s side suffer exit
- What Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told Donny van de Beek as Man Utd star joins Everton
- Roy Keane taunted by Jamie Carragher as Man Utd star labelled 'dreadful'
- Jurgen Klopp explains Luis Diaz injury after Liverpool beat Cardiff - 'Welcome to England'
Wimbledon fans all saying the same thing as stars sport adidas’ bold ‘bra’ outfit at famously strict All-England Club have 700 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.