Kate continued her extraordinary resurgence since the release of Stranger Things season four part one, reigning supreme in her number one spot for consecutive weeks with her 1985 song Running Up That Hill.
For some, the 80s hits are as key to the show as the nostalgic outfits, and Kate's success with her iconic song only goes to prove it.
Now, Legacy Records have released the complete Stranger Things soundtrack, with six more tracks added including the new Steve Perry and Bryce Miller extended remix of Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) by Journey with Steve Perry.
The first set of songs, which included Kate's iconic Running Up That Hill, premiered digitally on Friday, May 27, and the complete soundtrack album, including those six tracks from the final episode of season four, are now live too.
Fans had already gotten their first taste of Stranger Things season four music when Netflix released the mind-bending official trailer in April.
The trailer notably features the explosive Journey's Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) remix which opens Stranger Things: Soundtrack from the Netflix Series, Season 4.
When Journey's legendary vocalist/songwriter/frontman Steve Perry first heard the remix of his band's smash hit from 1983, he said: 'I was stunned at how cool it was. I found out that Bryce Miller and Troy MacCubbin had created it and told them how much I loved it.
'One week later, I had an idea for an extended version, so I called Bryce and we assembled our Extended Remix.
'Being a huge fan of the show, having my music on the soundtrack made me very happy! I truly love both these remixed versions as much as I do the original recording from the Journey Frontiers record.'
The new Steve Perry and Bryce Miller extended remix of the song adds an epic bookend power-close for the album.
Between the two Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) remixes, Stranger Things: Soundtrack from the Netflix Series, Season 4 travels across the action-packed supernatural real world and Upside Down through music that follows the emotional storylines of our beloved characters.
From the sound of KISS banging out Detroit Rock City during a pivotal game of Dungeons & Dragons to the catharsis and psychic liberation of Kate's Running Up That Hill, to even viewers getting emotional over a villain's death scene mainly due to the music , it's hardly a surprise we're obsessed with the soundtrack.
Soundtrack from Stranger Things Season 4:
- Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (Bryce Miller/Alloy Tracks Remix) – Journey with Steve Perry
- California Dreamin' – The Beach Boys
- Psycho Killer – Talking Heads
- Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God) – Kate Bush
- You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) – Dead or Alive
- Chica Mejicanita – Mae Arnette
- Play With Me – Extreme
- Detroit Rock City (Single Version) – KISS
- I Was A Teenage Werewolf – The Cramps
- Pass The Dutchie – Musical Youth
- Wipe Out – The Surfaris
- Object Of My Desire (Single Version) – Starpoint
- Rock Me Amadeus (The Gold Mix) – Falco
- Travelin' Man – Ricky Nelson
- Tarzan Boy – Baltimora
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me – Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo (Single Version) – Rick Derringer
- Fire and Rain – James Taylor
- Spellbound – Siouxsie And The Banshees
- Master of Puppets – Metallica
- When It's Cold I'd Like To Die (featuring Mimi Goese) – Moby
- Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (Steve Perry & Bryce Miller Extended Remix) – Journey with Steve Perry
In a recent interview, Kate revealed that it is 'very special' that a new young audience have discovered her song .
Speaking to Emma Barnett on BBC Radio 4's Woman's Hour, the music icon said: 'It's just extraordinary. I mean it's such a great series, I thought that the track would get some attention.
'But I just never imagined that it would be anything like this. It's so exciting. But it's quite shocking really, isn't it? I mean, the whole world's gone mad.'
She added: 'What's really wonderful, I think, is this is a whole new audience who, in a lot of cases, they've never heard of me and I love that.
'The thought of all these really young people hearing the song for the first time and discovering it is, well, I think it's very special.'
The digital edition of Stranger Things: Soundtrack from the Netflix Series, Season 4 as well as pre-orders for CD and vinyl editions of the album are available here.
Stranger Things Season 4 Volumes I and II are available to watch on Netflix.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us cele[email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- The 10 Greatest NASCAR-Related Songs
- NBA: Top 10 Final Seasons for NBA Arenas
- MLB Power Rankings 2018: Reigning World Series champs Astros occupy top spot
- 64 reasons to be excited for the 2016â17 college hoops season
- Cleveland Indians Take on the Miami Marlins in Final Interleague Series of the Season
- Predicting 2018 MLB season standings and results
- World Series History: The Seven Best Game Sevens
- Run And Gun
- Week in Wrestling: Bobby Roode promises WWE title run; Kurt Angle talks fatherhood
- Playoff overhaul isn’t coming, but MLS must do more to increase regular season value
- 2017 Southern Conference Season Preview
- New York Mets Starting Lineup: 1986 World Series Game 6
- Indiana Pacers: 2016-17 Season Outlook
- Adam Hill's gem powers South Carolina past Mizzou to tie series
- Little League World Series set to open Thursday
- 2016 NFL Season: Picking The Week One Winners
- MLB Division Series expert picks: Can the Giants take down the Cubs?
- Cleveland Indians: Wild Thing Wants to Throw First Pitch
- Minor League Baseball Featured Series of the Week: Buies Creek vs. Carolina
- Pivot Point Games: The matchups that will shape the 2017 college football season
Stranger Things Season 4 soundtrack: Every song featured in the Netflix series including Kate Bush’s Running Up That Hill have 1061 words, post on metro.co.uk at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.