Meghan Markle: Royals ‘don’t want to ruffle feathers’ says Nicholl
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
It emerged earlier this week that the findings of a Buckingham Palace investigation into bullying claims made by royal staff against Meghan will never be published. A royal insider claimed the Queen did not want the investigation made public as there has been “enough drama” surrounding the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are living in California after quitting royal duties.
The source told Vanity Fair: "It was damage limitation, protecting the royal family and also the Duchess of Sussex.
"The Queen feels there has been enough drama around the Sussexes, and she wants a line to be drawn."
Buckingham Palace launched the investigation into bullying allegations by staff against Meghan in March 2021.
Past and present employees were invited to speak in confidence about their experiences of working for the former actress.
The Queen is fed up of ‘drama’ around Harry and Meghan, it has been claimed (Image: GETTY)
The source claimed the Queen ‘wants a line to be drawn’ (Image: GETTY)
It came after allegations she drove out two personal assistants and “humiliated” another member of staff.
The Duchess has strongly denied the claims.
At the time, the Palace said any changes in HR policies recommended following the review would be shared in the Sovereign Grant report which is published annually and documents royal accounts for the year.
However, a senior Palace source on Thursday said the findings of the investigation will be kept private.
The Duchess has strongly denied the bullying allegations (Image: GETTY)
The source insisted that those taking part needed to have “confidentiality”.
They added that the inquiry has led to changes to policies and procedures with members of the Royal Family and staff made aware.
Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said the move was an “olive branch” ahead of the release of Prince Harry’s tell-all memoir later this year.
But the royal expert added that it was “not a monument to transparency”.
DON’T MISS Meghan and Harry ‘insist’ The Crown ‘stop before reaching us’ Prince William ‘unhappy’ Meghan using royal title in politics row Royal: Meghan & Harry ‘disappointed’ bullying probe kept secret
The Sussexes returned to Britain for the Platinum Jubilee (Image: GETTY)
Mr Fitzwilliams said: “The Palace, faced with the possibility of a memoir by Harry later this year and who knows what else if the Sussexes, as budding philanthropists, were antagonised, has simply closed it down.
“This is obviously an olive branch to the Sussexes too.
“This is not a monument to transparency and those involved may well feel hard done by, especially considering the allegations that Meghan ill-treated staff.”
It comes after Harry and Meghan last month returned to Britain with their children Archie and Lilibet for the first time since Megxit for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
They made their first public appearance alongside the Windsors in two years during the extended bank holiday weekend.
The couple made a series of bombshell claims about the monarchy in their Oprah Winfrey interview in March last year.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Getting a Lifetime Movie So We Can Relive This Very Moment
- Meghan Markle's Nephew Will (Sort Of)
- Royal wedding 2018 countdown: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are marrying tomorrow
- No Shit Meghan Markle Was Obsessed With Princess Diana, Just Like Everybody Else
- Kensington Palace Confirms Prince Harry's Relationship With Meghan Markle After 'Wave of Harassment'
- Here We Go: Meghan Markle Is On the Cover of
- Is Prince Harry Dating
- Meghan Markle Is Giving Her Own Damn Wedding Speech
- The Spice Girls Will Spice Up Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Wedding!!!
- Use These Prince Harry and Meghan Markle-Themed Condoms The Next Time You Fuck (Regally)
- Meghan Markle Enters a Den of Royals
- U.K. Politician's Girlfriend On Meghan Markle: 'This Is Britain, Not Africa'
- Behold the First Photos of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Out on the Town
- Meghan Markle's Bridal Party Has Been Revealed, and Includes Not One Cast Member From
- Oops! Meghan Markle May Have Expressed an Opinion About Abortion
- Obviously, Meghan Markle Is Going Hard on the Peonies
- Meghan Markle Won't Return to
- Now Meghan Markle's Half-Sister's Ex-Husband Is Weighing In!
- Breaking: Prince Harry Interacts With Cute Kids Again
- Prince Harry Seeks Interns
Queen fed up with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'drama' and wants 'line drawn' have 838 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.