Germany’s 2014 World Cup final hero broke through under Jurgen Klopp at Dortmund back in 2009, going on to win two Bundesliga titles under his tutelage before pushing through a move to rivals Bayern.
At Bayern he made 114 appearances under Pep Guardiola where he would win three consecutive league titles and three domestic cups – then rejoining Dortmund where he briefly played under Thomas Tuchel .
“Every coach had his strengths and his own philosophy, but from my point of view Jurgen (Klopp) did it best in the area of people management – the team, the staff, the whole club led the best,” Gotze has now revealed to BILD .
The 30-year-old, who has recently joined Eintracht Frankfurt after rebuilding his career with PSV Eindhoven, even goes on to discuss how he wished he joined his favourite boss at Liverpool .
Gotze rejoined Dortmund on a four-year contract back in 2016 after his influence at Bayern dwindled – but now wished he went to Anfield instead.
Who is the best manager in world football right now? Give us your thoughts in the comments section
He says: “Liverpool had finished eighth in the first season with Jurgen and had not qualified for the Champions League. Even in the years before, this was not the club that always played at the top. I came from Bavaria and had this claim.”
Adding: “Dortmund had previously played a top season under Thomas Tuchel . BVB was on top. Jurgen was still in the process of building something.
“In retrospect, you have to say: Liverpool would have been better.”
With Klopp going on to win the Champions League, Premier League, EFL Cup and FA Cup with Liverpool, Guardiola has dominated domestic proceedings.
His Manchester City team have won four of the last five Premier League titles and look stronger than ever having brought in Erling Haaland of Dortmund fame.
Tuchel, who won the DFB-Cup with Gotze three days before he was dismissed, has gone on to win two Ligue 1 titles with PSG and later the Champions League with Chelsea .
- Pep Guardiola warned over Manchester derby comments
- Guardiola defends Klopp over Merseyside derby celebration, and demands more from Sterling
- Man City boss Guardiola: Manchester derby not as noisy as in Spain
- Pep Guardiola: Man City have no replacement for Fernandinho
- Matic insists Reds will give our best for a top-four spot
- What Mario Cristobal said about Oregon’s Redbox Bowl practices, feelings heading into early signing day
- Fierce sunset halts New Zealand-India cricket match — Sun stops play
- Super Bowl 2019: Ranking all 52 games from best to worst
- Super Bowl history: Top 10 plays
- Manchester City title defence 'almost impossible' without beating Liverpool
- Knicks won’t let one telling stat sour their opinion of Kevin Knox
- Nation's No. 1 recruit, Kayvon Thibodeaux, commits to Oregon
- Bayern relish 'tough cookie' Liverpool in Champions League last 16
- Pogba: I thank Jose, even if it didn't end well
- YouTuber Tricks 'Porch Pirates' with Rigged Glitter Bomb Package
- Colts Neck Mansion Fire: Victim's Brother Charged With Arson
- Manchester United fans reveal who they want to start vs Liverpool
- Manchester City vs. Manchester United
- Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool
- Who made the LaRosa's High School Hall of Fame?
Mario Gotze picks best manager he played for out of Klopp, Guardiola and Tuchel have 601 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at July 6, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.