Strictly: Fred Sirieix reveals he ‘vomited everywhere’ after training
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Strictly Come Dancing star Fred Sirieix has admitted that he’d have no hesitation in returning to the dance floor, in spite of confessing that his past training sessions were so intense that he was forced to vomit. The 50-year-old TV star might have been floored by the physical exertion, but he told us that braving the moves for the show was an achievement for both “body and soul”.
[Strictly] made me feel like I’d achieved something, so it was very good for the body and the soul
Exclaiming that he would “of course” be up for another series if the opportunity arose, he described his participation last year as “a great challenge”.
“I really enjoyed it. It’s one of the greatest challenges that I’ve done,” he continued.
“It was a lot of fun and made me feel like I’d achieved something, so it was very good for the body and the soul.”
He admitted to feeling concern over whether he had a natural aptitude for dance but assured us that he wouldn’t let such fears deter him.
Fred Sirieix has spoken out on his possible return to Strictly after debuting dressed as a turkey (Image: BBC)
Fred Sirieix dressed up as a turkey for last year’s Christmas 2021 Stricly special (Image: BBC/PA)
Fred is a keen boxer in his spare time and has built up stamina skills that can assist him for the long hours on the dance floor.
In fact, the First Dates star confessed that the only thing that might deter him from signing up for a full Strictly series is the time commitment.
“It takes a lot of time and if it takes me three weeks to get a one and a half minute dance routine, when do you have the week to nail just one dance?” he exclaimed.
“You’ve gotta be there all day, every day, five days a week and you have to do it for ten hours – dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing. It’s very, very hard.
Fred Sirieix on the dance floor over Christmas (Image: BBC)
Fred Sirieix with his Strictly dance partner in 2021 (Image: PA)
“You’ve gotta remember all the moves and not only that, but you’ve got to perform them correctly, you’ve gotta be gracious.
“Some people have it and some people don’t. I don’t have it! But I’m happy to work hard.”
Fred explained that timing is crucial – and his timing on the dance floor is “not so good”.
“It took me three weeks exactly to get the one and a half minute routine that we performed,” he elaborated.
“Three weeks to get it and nail it and to be able to deliver it and perform it on the night… it was unbelievable.”
On his first training session, the strain on Fred’s body was so immense that he vomited as soon as he got home.
The reaction to the four hour warm-up was something that he “just needed to get out of my system”.
“That’s just your body telling you, you’ve had enough,” he continued.
“The next day I went back to training and it was fine.”
Fred now feels positive about the prospect of signing on for Strictly full time – but has warned that it is dependent on his jam-packed schedule.
Although that show might be too dangerous for his tastes, he says he is happy to take on new TV challenges – and is limited solely by producers’ imaginations.
- Eamonn Holmes left suffering panic attacks after sudden family tragedy
- Phillip Schofield begs fans for help after beauty fix goes wrong
- Abbey Clancy flashes underwear in tight see-through dress with husband
- Lorraine Kelly admits struggling to watch Piers Morgan’s new show
- Denise Welch details son Matty's reaction to her 'guilt and shame’
- AJ Pritchard's girlfriend breaks silence after rumours of Strictly curse with Saffron
- Strictly's Shirley Ballas hints at marriage number three with boyfriend Daniel Taylor
- Why royal family members might be in the Strictly audience on Saturday
- Strictly Come Dancing's nastiest feuds and the snide comment that 'cost one star his job'
- Strictly’s Katya Jones’ friends blame her floundering performances on ‘heartbreak as she struggles to move on from Neil’
- Sheridan Smith age, net worth, boyfriend and pregnancy rumours
- The Definitive Guide to 2019’s Deluge of New Christmas Movies
- Strictly booker Stefania Aleksander will keep her job until the end of the series despite cocaine post
- Strictly fans spot Kelvin Fletcher stroking Oti Mabuse as they wait for the results and claim they’re ‘next to be hit by the curse’
- I'm A Celebrity 2019 line-up - confirmed cast, rumours and stars who are ruled out
- ‘Nothing Like a Jew Eating a Pickle and You Put Some Christmas Carols Over It’
- Are Susanna Reid and Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish still together, when did she break up with her ex-partner and how much weight has she lost?
- 'Failures teach you what success can't'
- I'm A Celebrity line-up 2019 ‘full line-up LEAKED': Caitlyn Jenner, Rak-Su's Myles Stephenson and BBC Radio 1 DJ Adele Roberts 'join the stars rumoured to be heading to the jungle'
- Djokovic WINS Wimbledon! Kate hands Serbian champion his Men's Singles trophy after he beats Federer in first-ever final tie-break following epic five-hour battle ended with last set drawn 12-12
- How much will the PS5 cost? Price leak claims the new console will be £100 MORE than previous model when it’s released next Christmas
- Karen Clifton cuts ties with Kevin by dumping her married name after his romance with Stacey Dooley
- Bafta TV Awards 2019 WINNERS – full list of who won as Killing Eve scooped up top prizes
- The True Life Confessions of Fleetwood Mac
- Jamie Lomas 'hoping' for EastEnders return after I'm A Celebrity
Fred Sirieix breaks silence on Strictly 2022 stint rumours after Christmas Special success have 1178 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.