Carol Kirkwood says pollen levels are high across the UK
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
BBC Breakfast weather presenter Carol Kirkwood took to Twitter this morning to issue an apology to an unhappy viewer who took issue with a tweet the host posted about pollen levels. The BBC host, 60, apologised for the mishap after she gave the pollen count for England when a disgruntled social media user quickly called her out for ignoring Wales.
Noooo I AM SO SORRY
In view of her 237,000 followers, the newly-engaged presenter detailed the pollen count of the day.
Carol wrote: “Pollen levels today across England are mostly very high, high in Northwest England and moderate in Southwest England.
“For Scotland and Northern Ireland they are moderate @BBCBreakfast xxx,” she added.
However, one Twitter user quickly took issue with the tweet
Carol Kirkwood took to Twitter to apologise to an unhappy viewer (Image: BBC)
Carol Kirkwood issued a ‘huge apology’ for not including Wales in her pollen forecast (Image: TWITTER)
@DaveALaw2017 replied: “Carol, what about [Wales], I know everyone thinks we are part of England, but I thought you would have remembered us,” they added with a crying emoji.
Issuing an apology, Carol responded: “Noooo I AM SO SORRY.
“Dictated that tweet just before going on air, so did it quickly.
“Sending another right now. Huge apologies x,” she ended her post.
Earlier this year a viewer also took issue with Carol Kirkwood’ smiley presenting of the weather (Image: BBC)
Carol Kirkwood recently revealed live on air that she’s engaged (Image: GETTY)
The social media user replied: “It’s alright, I forgive you. Just dont do it again lol.” (sic)
Following the interaction, other social media soon took to the comments to have their say.
Twitter user @KernowSpx wrote: “Well done Dave!”
@MrsWoo21 replied: “@OwainWynEvans and @DerekTheWeather need to speak to Carol.”
Madonna, 63, goes topless as she strips off in eye-popping snaps [INSIGHT] Lady Victoria Hervey, 45, goes underwear-free in daring number [ANALYSIS] Tom Hiddleston and fiancée Zawe Ashton expecting first baby together [UPDATE]
It comes months after Carol shut down a BBC Breakfast viewer who took issue with one of her forecasts.
The meteorologist, who is a BBC favourite, swiftly hit back after she was questioned about her upbeat personality.
A social media user questioned Carol’s recent weather forecast but added they were sure she was not being “unkind”.
The person in question suggested she had been smiling after she said there would be no rain during Tuesday’s episode.
Simon Leadbeater wrote: “Why is @carolkirkwood on @BBCBreakfast smiling when she says there is no rain in the forecast… @PeterWohlleben taught us that trees scream during drought – no smiling matter… Carol is not being unkind I am sure, but pls tell it like it is… desperate…”(sic).
The BBC Breakfast presenter hit back at the social media user as she rejected his claim.
Carol replied: “I am not smiling because there is no rain Simon!!! We need rain… I am well aware of that x.”
Simon swiftly responded: “Good to hear. It is just you are always so cheery, and brighten our screens each morning. But, the situation is getting grimmer by the day… and I think forecasters should say so. I see everything in terms of climate not weather, perhaps not always correctly….” he ended.
- New BBC boss Tim Davie is lauded for reversing decision not to sing Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory at Last Night of the Proms
- Born to jive! Katie's a class act on Strictly: Bookies cut presenter's odds after her 'first class' dance dazzles the judges
- Strictly winner Stacey Dooley throws her support behind the show's first same-sex pairing... as ex-pro James Jordan hits out at 'pandering to political correctness'
- Celebrity news LIVE – Meghan and Harry sign Netflix mega-deal, Britain’s Got Talent star dies and 3 new Strictly stars
- One's first video call: Behind-the-scenes moment Princess Anne teaches her mother the Queen how to use the technology - in a sneak peek of upcoming ITV documentary to mark her 70th birthday
- Donald Trump pardons a black bank robber and swears in new Americans as Republicans try to paint upbeat message about his presidency and economy at convention - while blasting Joe Biden and Democrats as dangerous radicals
- Storm Francis chaos as 75mph winds strike with cars stranded on flooded roads
Carol Kirkwood issues 'huge apologies' to BBC Breakfast viewer over forecast mishap have 884 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.