Today star Al Roker and wife Deborah Roberts were rendered emotional as they revealed the big way in which their son Nick was honored
The two took to social media to share over the weekend that their youngest gave the sermon at their church as a graduating senior.
VIDEO: Al Roker celebrates son Nick’s 19th birthday
They shared many family snapshots that included Nick in his robes and some while he gave his sermon as they looked on with joyful and with pride.
Deborah in particular revealed that she was left in tears as she shared her thoughts, writing: “Sentimental Sunday for this mama. Please allow me to bask and boast a bit about our beautiful youngest, Nick.
“After years of demonstrating what it means to show up, reach high and press on, Nick was chosen to speak about his journey @stjameschurchnyc today.”
She then paid a heartfelt tribute to him as she added: “Since childhood, Nick has had the kindest heart that is bursting with warmth and wonder and wide open optimism. In everything, including church services, Nick is all in. Any challenge is an opportunity.
The proud parents shared their son’s latest achievement
“We have learned so much from him. Especially how to simply believe. And today, weeks before his graduation, he had a chance to share his story of learning disabilities, resiliency and dedication to his spiritual journey.
“We are bursting with pride. If you hear sniffles, they may be yours as well as mine,” the ABC journalist shared.
“Congrats to our Nick, such a special soul who has filled our lives with love and gladness. Make haste to love and be swift to be kind.”
The Today star also revealed that he was “so proud” of his son, and many of their fans and colleagues shared their appreciation, including co-star Carson Daly.
Al and Deborah will be empty nesters soon as Nick leaves for college
“Congratulations to Nick. Thank you for sharing Nick’s journey with us,” one fan wrote, with another saying: “Oh Al, that just warms my heart. I am really enjoying watching Nick grow up,” and a third adding: “What an awesome blessing.”
Read more HELLO! US stories here
Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.
- 'Boris asked me to do it': Donald Trump says he invited parents of Harry Dunn to meet their son's killer Anne Sacoolas at the White House 'only because Boris Johnson asked him to'
- Harry Dunn's parents say Donald Trump asked them 'THREE times' to meet their son's 'killer' Anne Sacoolas in the White House to 'get some HEALING' - but they refused in hope she will face justice in UK
- Update On WWII Plane Crash Probe, Victims, Survivors & Heroes
- 'Sorry, I'm not having this': Ex-MP Harvey Proctor storms out of fractious interview with BBC's Naga Munchetty over report into police's bungled 'Nick the Fantasist' abuse probe as he says Parliament would be 'healthier' if Tom Watson quit
- Perry Says Trump Asked Him to Call Giuliani: Impeachment Update
- Perfumer Abdulla Ajmal feels ties stifle creativity, removed them from his company's dress code
- I'm not a Russian asset! Tulsi Gabbard makes bizarre boast during 2020 debate as she accuses U.S. of trying to fight 'regime change wars' in the Middle East
- Boris Johnson denies he told Donald Trump to set up surprise meeting between Harry Dunn's family and his 'killer' Ann Sacoolas - despite US President's claims
- Queen Elizabeth approves UK prime minister's request to suspend parliament
- Self-Sabotage Behavior and the Power of Forgiveness
- Coitus interruptus: 15 reasons to knock first
- EXCLUSIVE: Johnson & Johnson family scandals laid bare: How the little girl on the iconic baby powder - now at the center multimillion-dollar cancer lawsuits - grew up to sue her father over fortune before accusing him of incest
- Closure of Arizona plant symbolizes the demise of coal and its human toll
- Driving Under the Influence - The Impact, Fatalities and Casualties
- Investigation reveals dangerous lead levels in some Quebec drinking water
- Celebrating Streep at Sixty
- 'Tomorrow is a new beginning': Disgraced AFL agent Ricky Nixon breaks his silence after police took him to hospital following a series of alarming social media posts
- How a distraught farmer whose story Alan Jones labelled as everything wrong with the government's drought response is now BACKING the PM - after a heartfelt call
- British travel blogger and her boyfriend are FREED from Iranian jail: Couple who were arrested for spying when they flew a drone near military sites are 'relieved' to be back with their families after 'prisoner swap deal'
- How to Cope When Your Children Fly the Nest
Today's Al Roker's wife Deborah Roberts left in tears as she shares update on son Nick have 852 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at May 23, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.