Many other celebs have been lining up to throw their support behind the bloom too, which also raises funds for author and podcast host Dame Deborah's new cancer charity, Bowelbabe Fund.
BBC star Alex took to Instagram to share a photo of the potted rose at its stand with the attached information, calling the white and pink flower 'beautiful'.
'Bought this and spoke with @iamlaurenmahon at the stand. They had already raised 22K for @ bowelbabefund ,' she wrote in the caption alongside the photo.
'There are no words for how much one individual has managed to inspire a whole country. The rose is beautiful.'
'Buy one if you can,' the 45-year-old added.
The rose can be pre-ordered now for Autumn 2022, with £2.50 from the sale of each flower going to Dame Deborah's new Cancer Research UK fund.
Lauren Mahon, who co-hosted popular podcast You, Me and the Big C alongside Dame Deborah, was running the Chelsea Flower Show stand alongside The Harkness Rose Company on Monday and posted a slew of photos of stars, including Dame Joanna Lumley, presenter Gaby Roslin and Loose Women panellist and activist Katie Piper, posing with the rose.
Dame Deborah, who recently announced she is no longer having active cancer treatment and is under hospice care at h e r p a r e n t s ' home until the end of her life , revealed that she cried when she was asked if she would accept having the rose named after her.
Sharing that she was 'honoured' by the tribute, the 40-year-old revealed her hopes that her family could keep the rose in their lives long after she is gone, with it having a special place in her teenage daughter's future wedding.
She admitted: 'What breaks my heart and brings me the most beautiful thought, is that this variety will and can now be grown forever, and maybe one day even Eloise might choose to have it in her wedding bouquet.'
Dame Deborah had set up the BowelBabe fund after revealing she was in hospice care and it has already amassed over £6.5million in donations to help raise awareness and research into bowel cancer, which she has battled for five years.
Since revealing that she had ceased active treatment in a heartbreaking social media post, which saw donations smash her initial fundraising target of £250,000, Dame Deborah received her DBE at home from the Duke of Cambridge in person.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Why it's not enough for celebrities to put their names to beauty brands
- Celebs getting a taste of wine success
- Gifts for grandparents to show them you care
- Cheryl lined up for radio show with big-money deal to become presenter
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 13
- The 36 best movies on HBO right now
- Where are Kate and William’s Royal Wedding bridesmaids now?
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 21
- 100 Best Comedy Films of All Time, According to Critics
- Netflix top pick movies to watch in April 2021: Run,Concrete Cowboy, Thunder Force and MORE
- The Grammys’ Executive Producer Does Not Care About the Ratings
- Prince Philip funeral RECAP: Queen left handwritten note on beloved husband's coffin
- 50 Black Writers Whose Impact Went Beyond the Page
- 35 celebrities wearing face masks: Best A-list face coverings to shop – JLo, Ariana, Reese & more
The One Show’s Alex Jones urges people to buy ‘beautiful’ Dame Deborah James rose as celebs support bloom at Chelsea Flower Show have 692 words, post on metro.co.uk at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.