TEEN Mom Kailyn Lowry broke down in tears during the show reunion tonight as she said that her ex Chris Lopez 'tried to KILL her'.
The MTV star opened up for the first time on-screen about the domestic violence incident.
During the reunion, co-host Dr Drew Pinsky asked if there was a particular event that led 30-year-old Kailyn to start participating in therapy.
He probed: "Was it like a domestic abuse situation, was it just a random act of violence, was it somebody you knew?"
Kailyn shockingly revealed: “Chris almost killed me in October 2019 by domestic violence".
Chris is the father to Kailyn’s sons Lux, five, and Creed, one.
The mom-of-four broke down in tears as Drew expressed his sympathy.
"It actually hurts my heart to hear this. We've been with you a long time. I am so sorry. I wish I'd known,” he said, as co-host Nessa Diab looked on in shock.
"No one would know this if you didn't share it. I'm so heartbroken for you, I'm really sorry."
Kailyn continued: “I just haven’t figured out the right time or way to tell my whole story.
Most read in The Sun
“I don’t think it’s something that people openly talk about.”
Kailyn said she felt like a “hypocrite” because she pushed her ex Javi Marroquin in 2012, but Drew quickly disagreed: “No – they are two separate phenomenon.”
Before it was Chris’ turn to appear on the show himself, Kailyn concluded: “He knows what he did. It is what it is.”
Although tonight’s scene was the first time that the Teen Mom 2 star had discussed the incident between her and Chris publicly, fans were aware of it before.
Earlier this year, documents from Kailyn’s lawsuit against Briana DeJesus obtained by The Sun revealed more about her and Chris’ toxic relationship.
In the deposition, she explained how she had a Protection From Abuse order against Chris at the time of the incident.
When asked why she had a PFA against Chris, Kailyn responded: "Chris almost killed me in October of 2019."
The remaining information of the transcript was redacted.
Later during tonight’s reunion, Chris himself appeared via video link, and Drew took the opportunity to question him about his former relationship with Kailyn.
Chris responded: “There are faults on both sides. Whatever has been said about me from her can literally be said about them.
“There’s been abuse on both sides.”
Drew specifically asked: “Did you ever threaten her with violence or injure Kail?”
“Injure? No. She’s making it seem like I literally beat her… I never beat her,” replied Chris.
However, he did admit to threatening his ex and said that he wasn’t “innocent.”
At the end of her chat with the reunion hosts, Kailyn bid farewell to the franchise for good.
The goodbye came after she previously told Perez Hilton that she had no intention of filming further episodes .
“I need to move on, I think I need to do my own thing,” said the Coffee Convos host.
Drew looked sad as he said: “I’m not gonna say goodbye to her today.”
But Kailyn replied: “I don’t know, I think we should.”
“This is like a break-up right now,” commented co-host Nessa.
“I think this needs to be my farewell,” agreed Kailyn.
“I think I’m ready, I think that we should just part ways, I think this should just be the end.”
- Chris Brown Refuses to Stop Acting Like Light, Bright Ike Turner
- The summer's best, craziest teen stories: Chicken massacres, ninja robberies, and Deez Nuts
- Story of Teen Killing 43-Year-Old Boyfriend Is 11 Flavors of Bonkers
- The People v. O.J. Simpson Recap: Poor Marcia Clark Can’t Catch a Break
- Learning to Drive Taught Me to Understand My Mom
- Simpson case launched victim’s sister on fight for justice
- Tullian Tchividjian and Chris Bird: Stop Condemning Abusive Pastors
- The Racy Jazz Age Best Seller You’ve Never Heard Of
- This Week in Tabloids: Katy Perry's Beauty Routine Is 90 Minutes Long
- Will Good Ol’ American Gun Nuts Let These People Stand Their Ground?
- 28 people who could make history on Election Day and change the face of American politics
- The Labor of Bringing a Baby Into Appalachia
- What If Mass Killers Were Muslim or of Color?
- 'Nobody Really Knows What Happened.’ Yes, We Do.
- Trump's Immigrant Roundups Increasingly Net Noncriminals
- Why Your Team Sucks 2018: Buffalo Bills
- Martial Arts: Trans Karate Kid: Interview With an Outlaw MMA Trainer
- An all-female ‘Game of Thrones’ roundtable: Why have no name when you can be a Stark?
- Here's what it's like when your father gets out of prison
- Transgender identities: a conversation between two philosophers – Sophie-Grace Chappell & Holly Lawford-Smith
Teen Mom Kailyn Lowry breaks down in tears & says ex Chris Lopez ‘tried to KILL her’ in ‘scary’ domestic violence fight have 970 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 25, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.