Chelsea forward Kai Havertz has named the four players that would make his perfect combined footballer.
The German international is coming towards the end of his second campaign at Stamford Bridge and already, the former Bayer Leverkusen man has had a memorable time in London. Last year, Havertz scored the all-important goal in Chelsea 's 1-0 Champions League final win over Manchester City in Porto. He also scored a penalty in extra-time win Chelsea the Club World Cup earlier this season against Palmeiras for the first time in the club's history.
This season, Havertz has netted 13 times in 44 appearances in all competitions for the Blues and is the club's top scorer in all competitions.
The German arrived as the club's record signing in 2020 before Romelu Lukaku was re-signed by Chelsea from Inter Milan for a fee of £97.5m at the start of this season. Havertz, whose current goal tally in Blue is 22 in 89 games has developed a knack of scoring crucial goals for Thomas Tuchel's side in all-important games.
In a recent interview, Havertz was tasked with developing his 'perfect footballer,' blending the right foot, left foot, head and intelligence of any four players of his choosing. His picks were not all that surprising, naming four of the best in the world to make up his list.
His combination involved Paris Saint-Germain winger Lionel Messi , his club teammate and fellow winger Neymar, Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne.
Jonathan Moscrop/Getty Images)
Which four players would make your perfect player? Have your say in the comments below .
"That's hard. I think of course maybe the left foot of Lionel Messi, the right foot of Neymar and the head of Ronaldo maybe," Havertz told Astro Super Sport .
"The brain I would say maybe De Bruyne, he's a very good player for me and I love to watch him play. I think these are very good and would be a very good combination as a player."
Havertz was in action for Chelsea on Sunday afternoon but was unable to prevent Tuchel's side from losing 1-0 at Goodison Park to Everton , who themselves are in a bid to avoid a first relegation in over 70 years.
Brazilian Richarlison got the only goal of the game in the opening exchanges of the second half, converting after winning the ball off of Blues captain Cesar Azpilicueta.
In an ill-tempered affair, Havertz found himself going toe-to-toe with Everton's Yerry Mina on multiple occasions and the defender got Havertz booked when the German shoved him off the ball in the second half.
In the early hours of Sunday morning, a group of Everton fans let off fireworks outside Chelsea's team hotel, with midfielder Jorginho admitting that they woke him up.
- Cristiano Ronaldo Sports £630k Worth of Accessories in One Hand, Including Most Expensive Watch Ever Made by Rolex
- Cristiano Ronaldo wears £630k of bling on ONE hand: Football star dons a £380k Rolex watch, a £200k yellow diamond halo ring, and a dazzling £50k band on his wedding finger as he attends a sports conference in Dubai
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants to try acting when he's done with football
- The top earning Instagrammers of 2019: Cristiano Ronaldo tops list with £38.2million ahead of Lionel Messi and highest-paid woman Kendall Jenner in third on £12.7million
- Man City ace Bernardo Silva says Pep’s side have to look for Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo for inspiration
- Erling Haaland ready to reject Man Utd transfer as he ‘sees future in Juventus’ alongside Cristiano Ronaldo
- From working several jobs to make ends meet to raking in $1.1 MILLION from posting photos in a YEAR: Meet the Australian travel blogger, 25, on the Instagram 'rich list' for 2019
- Legends of the decade: The best XI of players to retire between 2010 and 2020
- Frank Lampard aims dig at former Chelsea boss Mourinho for allowing superstars Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah to leave
- The 20 records Lionel Messi can still break in 2020 including 500 Barcelona wins and beating Ronaldo’s European record
- Beyoncé makes a cameo at the Falguni Shane Peacock store in Kala Ghoda
- Travel blogger makes £600k in a YEAR by posting sponsored pics on Instagram – all while travelling the world for free
- Top 20 free transfers available from January including Christian Eriksen, Willian and Mario Gotze
- Omri Casspi’s cutting makes him ideal fit with Warriors
- Liverpool's 4-0 thrashing of Leicester takes Reds 13 points clear and a chance to make Premier League history
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry, and the top 10 players of the 2010s
- Tata Open Maharashtra: Benoit Paire, Ivo Karlovic set to headline field, Kohlschreiber to make Pune debut
- 'A few' Knicks players reportedly prefer to be traded; Marcus Morris, Dennis Smith Jr. among names to watch
- US Open 2019: Medvedev makes sure Flushing Meadows final is anything but forgettable
- Malaysia delights in Mohd Faiz's goal of the year award
Kai Havertz makes 'perfect player' including Cristiano Ronaldo and Kevin De Bruyne have 829 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 1, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.