A police orchestra is set to perform the world premiere of a new arrangement of The Specials’ iconic song Ghost Town.
The arrangement is part of a concert at Coventry Cathedral to mark the city’s tenure as UK City of Culture.
Founder member of the band Jerry Dammers agreed the performance by the British Police Symphony Orchestra.
The concert on Saturday has been arranged by West Midlands Police as part of the celebrations.
The orchestra will also play music by Bob Marley, Antonin Dvorak, Natalie P Hall Rick and Rick Wakeman.
Formed in 1989, the orchestra is made up of serving and former police officers and staff.
Ghost Town was released on 12 June 1981 and spent three weeks at number one in the UK charts.
Related Internet Links
- Key Afghan city turned into 'ghost town' by deadly battles
- 60 Times Madonna Changed Our Culture
- Town Crier for Aug. 5, 2018
- In Phoef Sutton’s latest novel, a man revisits an island in Maine with family memories – and ghosts
- Best Weekend Ever: Lake Havasu City
- James Dean’s New York: How the city shaped the rebel
- It's a Real Small Town
- Readers sound off on transgender rights, ghosts and Mark David Chapman
- The Small-Town America I Love Is The One I See At Football Games
- How a man from Kentucky brought us, and the world, 'Santa Claus is Comin' to Town'
- Cirque du Soleil brings economic stimulus and cultural cachet to Montgomery County
- Lessons for Rochester: Failed Bronx school becomes coolest place in town
- Bon Iver and TU Dance take their show to the Hollywood Bowl, with a world tour to follow
- Inside The Most Magical, Fun Safe Space For Black Women Around The World
- A town without pity
- Tottenham Hotspur comes to town for match and to boost Vikings relationship
- A close look at CBGB, Palladium and other once-hot New York City nightclubs that were forced to shutter their doors
- 13 spooky, paranormal and haunted events in and around San Antonio this year
- ‘Minding the Gap’: A Powerful Film About Escaping the Loop of Poverty and Toxic Masculinity in Rust Belt America
- ‘Say a little prayer’
Coventry City of Culture: World premiere of orchestral Ghost Town arrangement have 441 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at May 5, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.