Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on September 16 hosted a reception for Dutch and Belgian Ambassadors, Elsbeth Akkerman and Paul Jansen, along with EU investors who want to pour capital into a seaport logistics project worth nearly 1 billion USD in Vietnam.
At the meeting, the leader stressed the Vietnamese Government always facilitates the investment of foreign firms, especially those from the EU that have potential and high technological capacity.
However, PM Phuc said cooperation outcomes have yet to match potential and strength of the sides.
The Dutch Ambassador expressed her impression on Vietnam's efforts in the COVID-19 combat and economic development.
The Dutch Government backs Cai Mep Ha Logistics Centre project in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau which the EU investors are interested in, she said, adding that the Dutch Development Bank has committed 10 percent of the project investment.
For his part, Ambassador Paul Jansen said that the Belgian Corporation for International Investment will also play a role in the investment.
Once operational, the Cai Mep Ha Logistics Centre can accommodate large container ships, helping to deliver Vietnamese goods abroad, investors said, expressing their hope that the project will soon be approved.
They also committed to ensuring the progress and quality of the project, and using "green transportation methods" for sustainable development once it is given the green light.
Ba Ria-Vung Tau has approved the 1/2000 project planning scheme and located the project, and now stands ready for site clearance.
PM Phuc spoke highly of the effective cooperation between Vietnam and the two countries at multilateral and international forums such as the UN, ASEM and ASEAN-EU.
He called on the two countries, together with the EU, to raise a stronger voice in protection of the respect for law at seas and oceans, as well as the East Sea stance of Vietnam and ASEAN.
The leader said he believes that the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) will bring about great opportunities to Vietnamese and EU businesses in operation and market expansion.
- Lake Mary Wealth Management, LLC To Join Focus Partner Firm Buckingham Strategic Wealth
- European External Investment Plan Forum
- EU, Mercosur agree free trade treaty after 20 years
- EU, Mercosur strike trade pact, defying protectionist wave
- Google parent slumps on revenue miss, big EU fine
- Trump lifts ban on U.S. lawsuits against foreign firms in Cuba
- The Latest: EU 'ready to protect' European interests in Cuba
- Western Balkan nations press EU aspirations at Poland summit
- The Latest: Salvini says populists will control 150 EU seats
- U.S. whiskey exporters struggle after year of EU tariffs
- Regional Investment Proposal Could be a Game Changer for Quality of Place Initiatives in Indiana
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Trump’s word of the day: ‘Beautiful’
- River Ridge Development Authority Approves Investments
- Deal or no deal, we leave EU on Oct. 31: UK PM candidate Johnson
- EU braces for Boris Johnson as UK prime minister -- and Brexit
- China rebuffs Trump claim U.S. tariffs are making firms leave
- Johnson’s PM win elevates ‘no-deal’ Brexit risks to UK economy
- UK PM Johnson holds Belfast talks on Brexit backstop riddle
- How to invest in real estate to build long-term wealth
- Spies fear a consulting firm helped hobble U.S. intelligence
Vietnam facilitates investment of EU firms: PM have 594 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.