SNOW is set to fall in just days as Brits have been warned to brace for a bone-chilling Arctic blast.
Some places in the UK are expected to soon be blanketed by snow as a freezing front sweeps in.
The Met Office has warned about a “severe frost” as snow is predicted to fall within seven days.
Forecaster James Madden told the Express: "We are expecting to see some changes as we head into the final month of the winter.
"Cold and snow will encroach from the north during the early part of February, and some of these wintry downpours may reach as far south as central England and the capital.”
Forecaster John Hammond added that Brits could be in for a turbulent February, with a mix of wet, and windy weather with snow.
Mr Hammond told The Sun: "Briefly on Thursday a pulse of Arctic air will clip some northern and eastern areas, bringing some wintry showers to the Scottish mountains and perhaps the highest parts of northern England."
He added: “There are signs of a more lively start to February – it looks wetter and windier at times than for much of the previous month.
“We may see colder weather start to make more definite inroads from the north through the early days of the new month, turning some of that rain to snow.”
Meanwhile, Met Office forecaster Clare Nasir said: "There will be Arctic air streaming down from the north delivering snow showers, particularly in the far north-east of the country."
Mr Madden said the cold blast is not expected to last for long.
He told the Express: "We are expecting to see some changes as we head into the final month of the winter.
"Cold and snow will encroach from the north during the early part of February, and some of these wintry downpours may reach as far south as central England and the capital.
"The good news for snow-haters is that these blasts may only be brief as the mild weather from the Atlantic pushes across the UK.
"A north-south divide will also bring the worst of the weather to Scotland and northern England with southern Britain likely to dodge the worst of the weather."
Next month could be the coldest February on record, according to Ladbrokes.
The bookies now make it just a 3/1 shot for the coldest February EVER to be recorded this year, with temperatures soon set to tumble.
Odds of 2/1 says this ends up being the coldest winter since records began.
Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: "With a big freeze set to batter all four corners of the UK, the odds suggest we're in for some record-breaking low temperatures in the coming weeks."
- UK weather forecast: Britain set for relentless heavy showers and strong winds
- UK snow weather warning: Britons prepare for chaotic cold blast bringing snow TONIGHT
- UK braced for first October snow in 6 years as Met Office warns of winter chill
- Arctic blast brings heavy snow as temperatures plummet to -3C
- Britain braced for snow again just days after baking in heatwave
- Heavy snow warning issued by Met Office with eight inches set to blanket UK
- Is the weather really too hot for shirts on the Underground? Tube and train passengers strip as London hits 99.9F on UK's second hottest day ever
- The hottest day in Paris EVER: Northern France, Belgium and Holland all swelter in record hottest weather as temperatures top 109F causing trains to grind to a halt, nuclear stations to power down and fears for Notre Dame
- The Science Behind Seattle's Historic Snow
- This interactive map tells you the exact day your area usually gets its first snow
- The battle for 'Workington Man': Older, white men in Leave-backing rugby league towns will be the key targets in the battle to win Westminster, say pollsters
- The rise and fall of a super-intelligent, self-aware Facebook game
- Ariana Grande, Arctic Monkeys and The 1975 prepare new albums for 2018
- Commonwealth, I: Snow
- April Fools' Day 2018: The best web pranks coming to get you
- Why we like fake stuff on Facebook
- Who is the real Nigel Farage... and why won't he answer my questions?
- Three Mushers, One Impenetrable Blizzard, And The World's Hardest Dog Sled Race
- Everyone in TV news goes for outrage. That makes it "ripe for disruption," says former CNN reporter Jessica Yellin
- Kingdom Hearts III: The Kotaku Review
UK snow forecast – Exact date white stuff to fall as Brits brace for bone-chilling Arctic blast in just DAYS have 755 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.