Mrs Hinch shares tips for cleaning tile grout
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Mrs Hinch has a whopping 4.3million followers on Instagram. In her bestselling book Hinch Yourself Happy, she provided a step-by-step guide on how to transform your bathroom from grubby to gorgeous.
It’s crucial to start with a blank canvas.
Mrs Hinch began: “I always start off by removing everything that isn’t attached, so any ornaments, towels and products come straight out.
“I clear everything out of the shower, bath and any shelves and put the bath mat in the washing pile.”
She then recommended using Astonish Mould and Mildew Spray to spray down all the tiles, before using Viakal on taps, shower heads, plugs and the shower door.
Want a sparkling bathroom? Read Mrs Hinch’s top tips for “fabulous” results (Image: Getty)
“[Viakal] is fabulous for limescale and the shine it leaves is the best.”
In the meantime, for the bath, Mrs Hinch uses “Minkeh”, her minky cloth, and Flash Bathroom.
She continued: “Once you finish the bath, don’t forget to rinse away the Viakal from the shower head and taps because if left for too long it can cause damage.
“Any bathroom shelves and surfaces are next, making sure I rinse out Minkeh in between. I get right into the corners of everything because that’s where the really nasty stuff is hiding.”
As for the shower, Mrs Hinch likes to “attack” with Stewart, her trusted SonicScrubber, which works wonders on the “plughole, taps or hard-to-reach places in and around the shower door”.
She revealed: “The sense of satisfaction is unbelievable.”
Following this, Mrs Hinch recommended rinsing everything off with the shower head, leaving everything but the shower doors and windows to air-dry – “I’ll always finish those off with the Minky window and glass cloth (aka Kermit, as we all know him).
“However, for extra perfection my window vacuum (Victor) is perfect for a streak-free finish on all glass!”
“Unbelievable”: Mrs Hinch gets great satisfaction from a spick and span bathroom (Image: Getty)
Moving onto the toilet, Mrs Hinch stated: “Cif Power and Shine Wipes never let me down when cleaning the toilet, but also I like to use bleach to clean it all over when I feel like it needs a bit more of a wipe!
“It sounds obvious but don’t start on the rim of the toilet, start with the lid because it will be cleaner than the rest of it.”
The cleaning mogul uses Harpic Pine toilet cleaner, and her trick is to leave it to “marinate for a while”.
She warned: “Also check that your rim blocks are still intact and change them if needed. They can be very unhygienic if left for longer than they should be.”
As for her toilet brush: “I pour a neat capful of Zoflora into my toilet brush once it’s been cleaned and disinfected just to keep the smell fresh! Every time I use my toilet brush it smells of Mountain Air Zoflora! I mean, who wouldn’t want that!”
Mrs Hinch’s top cleaning products (Image: EXPRESS)
Mrs Hinch advised: “If you’ve got a towel-rail radiator like I have, wipe it down with a dry tumble dryer sheet first to remove any dust. Then put some Cif Stainless Steel Spray on to a microfibre cloth and wipe it down one rail at a time. Finally, buff it up with Kermit [window and glass cloth] if needed.”
Last but not least, the floors!
The cleaning mogul stated: “Always get rid of the dust before cleaning the floors. (I use my handheld hoover at this point to make sure there really is no dust left over.) The worst combo is dust mixed with a freshly mopped floor! No mate!”
The final thing Mrs Hinch does before standing back and admiring her handiwork is using floor wipes, a spray mop or a good old mop and bucket to make sure she gets “every bit of dirt up”.
“I love using Zoflora for this. The smell is divine.”
- Top six Mrs Hinch hacks for every room in the house
- Mrs Hinch cleaning hacks: Top tips for cleaning kitchens
- ‘Old ways are the best’: Mrs Hinch fan shares how to clean windows with three products
- ‘Mine look like new!’ Mrs Hinch fans share 89p hack for removing stains from toilet seats
- ‘Streak-free’: Mrs Hinch fan shares the ‘best’ way to clean a TV screen with ‘no products’
- ‘Came up lovely’ Mrs Hinch fan shares 30p product to remove water marks from shower screen
- ‘Genius idea!’ Mrs Hinch fan shares 4p hack for cleaning a washing machine filter
- Cleaning: Mrs Hinch fan shares 99p hack to remove marks from shower screens
- Mrs Hinch fan shares ‘really easy’ way to clean skirting boards - ‘takes 2 minutes’
- ‘Dust hasn’t come back!’ Mrs Hinch fans share 80p hack for removing dust from wood blinds
- Inside Mrs Hinch wardrobe: Influencer shares tip for perfect closet - 'looks much better'
- Mrs Hinch's £2 cleaning hack lifts stains from draining board in minutes
- ‘No chemicals!’ Mrs Hinch fans share simple household hack for cleaning oven racks
- ‘All disappeared’: Mrs Hinch fan shares ‘cheap’ hack to get rid of washing machine mould
- Mrs Hinch fans share amazing way to remove water stains from wood using condiment you’re bound to have in your cupboard
- Cleaning tips: How to get candle wax out carpet and walls - genius Nancy Birtwhistle tip
- Poinsettia care tips: Three major houseplant mistakes to avoid this Christmas
- 'Best ever' cleaning hack to get weekly chores done in just '10 minutes'
- Houseplant expert shares tips on how to care for peace lilies - ‘no secrets with this one’
- December gardening tips: Garden expert shares ball hack to stop ponds 'freezing' in winter
'Sense of satisfaction is unbelievable': Mrs Hinch's 'best' tips for a sparkling bathroom have 1139 words, post on www.express.co.uk at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.