The Duke and Duchess of Sussex live at the Chateau of Riven Rock in Montecito – discover the jaw-dropping book that was set there.
Much has been written about the breathtaking home of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle , the French-style mansion set in the exclusive enclave Montecito, but did you know that the area provided the backdrop for an eye-opening novel?
Riven Rock is a 1998 novel by American author T. Coraghessan Boyle and the fictional story is set within the Riven Rock estate which now forms the home of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex today.
WATCH: The best glimpses inside of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s family home
The author takes the estate’s real-life founder Stanley McCormick, and has his own imaginary take on his life’s events which included struggling with mental health issues and being confined to the estate.
The Sussexes live in an exclusive gated community
Stanley’s main residence was demolished and made into smaller holdings, one of which is now Prince Harry and Meghan’s home, Chateau of Riven Rock.
In June the couple will celebrate two years in their stunning house
By 2020, when the Duke and Duchess came to buy the property, it was owned by a Russian man named Sergey Grishin.
It is believed that the royal couple do not own the home outright and that they took out a mortgage in order to secure the vast £11.2million mansion.
The deal bagged the couple the 18,000 square foot property set upon five acres of stunning land. Inside the house, there are nine bedrooms and 16 bathrooms for the family to enjoy. Reports also say that there is a separate guest house with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
Meghan has an impressive home office inside the property
Their celebrity neighbours include the likes of Oprah Winfrey , Tom Cruise and Ellen DeGeneres. Prince Harry and Meghan’s property is situated on a private road with a lengthy driveway and large security gates.
Since they moved in almost two years ago royal fans have been treated to glimpses of the interiors including Meghan’s private office with designer accessories and a huge desk and their immaculately styled lounge in stylish beige hues. Dreamy!
Make sure you never miss a ROYAL story! Sign up to our newsletter to get all of our celebrity, royal and lifestyle news delivered directly to your inbox.
- Prince Edward’s prophetic comment about Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s crisis
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle set to have a tense reunion with Kate, Prince William
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to 'fade away' once Prince George ‘starts dating: report
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle intend to cement an empire outside the royal fold: report
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle under fire for ‘selling out’ the monarchy: report
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle attacked for dooming royal family: 'Catastrophic'!
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle could yearn for royal return after losing star status
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle fears Queen may demand ‘more control’ in Megxit talks: report
- Prince Harry, Meghan name their newborn son Archie
- Meghan Markle's tearful final words to staff before quitting the royal family
- Rob Lowe claims Prince Harry has a ponytail - but James Corden is not convinced
- The winners and losers of Megxit: One year on from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bombshell announcement, how the Duke's old school pals and the Queen have lost out while Oprah and even Joe Biden have benefitted
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have had a 'painful' year since Megxit after their nanny moved back to the UK and uprooting four times left royals feeling 'displaced' - but they 'haven't looked back,' Finding Freedom authors claim
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit UK home for first time after move
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's housewarming gift from the Queen is EPIC
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will return to social media 'when it's right for us'
- Meghan Markle's Sister Slams 'Nasty Troll Remarks' Over Damning Reviews Before Her Book's Release
- Meghan Markle’s texts to royal aide that could reveal truth about bombshell letter have been deleted, admit her lawyers
- Meghan Markle and Harry's 'billion dollar brand' will be 'catastrophic' for Kate Middleton
- Prince Harry's pal Tom Bradby makes new revelations about Duke's 'Heartbreak' over Megxit
Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Montecito estate is basis for eye-opening book have 750 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at January 11, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.