Future King Prince Charles – who became the longest serving Prince of Wales in 2017 after he broke the previous record held by Edward VII – is likely to implement a few key changes to establish the tone of his reign.
Charles may make big changes to the Royal Family after stepping up as head of state.
The heir apparent to the British throne will look to cultivate a new image of the monarchy, updating its appearance for the public as it adjusts to the Queen's absence, Graham Smith, CEO of Republic, told Express.co.uk.
He added: “There'll be certain efforts in terms of PR. I think there'll be be two things it will do – one of which will be fairly popular.
"[Charles] said that he wants to open up the palaces, and maybe not live in Buckingham Palace – to let that be open all year round.
"They should have done that years ago, and it shouldn't be his decision to make, but if he does that, then, great."
Prince Charles has intentions and plans to 'slim down' the monarchy and lift the image of royal family.
- Prince Charles attacks climate change sceptics
- Prince Charles leads the salute to fallen heroes: Country falls silent to mark 75th anniversary of VE Day and Camilla leaves touching handwritten to her 'darling father' Major Bruce Shand
- Prince Charles can't keep up with Cheryl's changing surname - despite having 18 titles of his own to remember
- Prince Charles and Camilla write a letter addressed to 'Everyone at Royal Mail' to thank them for their key role during the coronavirus pandemic
- Prince Charles laughs as Danny Dyer tells him they're related at awards bash
- Prince Charles's 'unbelievable' nod to Camilla while on honeymoon with Diana
- Cheryl leads red carpet as she joins Prince Charles to honour disadvantaged youths at star-studded Prince's Trust Awards
- Prince Charles's secret visits to prison cells in wake of London riots revealed
- Prince Charles to attend state funeral for Nelson Mandela
- Prince Harry and William ‘back in touch for weeks as Prince Charles’ coronavirus brings them closer’
- Prince Charles ‘hands’ Royal Mail thank you letter to his local postie in touching tribute for coronavirus dedication
- Defiant Brits celebrate and commemorate VE Day in lockdown: Prince Charles leads solemn two-minute tribute, Red Arrows fly over Buckingham Palace and a deserted London as people make the best of a very special bank holiday
- Prince Charles and Camilla pay emotional tribute on VE Day
- Coronavirus: Prince Charles sends 'heartfelt thanks' to Royal Mail in a letter
- Prince William's marriage to Kate Middleton explored
- Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles share a touching portrait from Birkhall with the duchess' beloved Jack Russell terriers to mark their 15th wedding anniversary - after the couple were reunited following Charles' battle with coronavirus
- Is Meghan Markle Still a Princess After Quitting Royal Family and When Will Baby Archie Become a Prince?
- Prince William and Kate Middleton mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day with a post dedicated to the Queen's work as a mechanic - and detail how she tried to 'stay anonymous' during London celebrations
- The making of Prince Charmless: New biography's devastating psychological portrait of how ‘Baby Grumpling’ Andrew was indulged at every turn and shamelessly pursued twin obsessions with women and money
- Meghan says she was NOT barred from Sandringham summit: Sussexes reveal they decided 'it wouldn't be necessary' for her to dial in as Charles made clear he doesn't have 'unlimited resources' to prop up son's finances
Prince Charles to implement key changes after becoming king have 577 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at January 25, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.