ISLAMABAD: Warning the Opposition against marching towards Islamabad, Federal Minister for Interior Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed said on Wednesday that Prime Minister Imran Khan is an honest man and has "good relations with the establishment".
Talking to journalists, Sheikh Rashid said that March 23 is a “sensitive” day, adding that hundreds of foreign ministers from the Islamic world will be in Islamabad to attend an Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) summit on the day, which is also the Pakistan Day.
He maintained that roads will be closed on March 23 and cellular services are also expected to be suspended on a historical day to avoid any untoward incident, Daily Jang reported.
The Opposition will face a political defeat and be humiliated if they attempted to march towards Islamabad on March 23, he added. The interior minister said that they will create any problem for the opposition.
Taking a jab at the Opposition, the minister said that they could not beat the treasury benches on even a single bill during the past three and half years.
PM Imran is lucky as he got such an incompetent Opposition, the minister said, adding that they did nothing except give irresponsible statements against the prime minister.
The Opposing first ran away from mass resignation and then no-confidence motion, he added.
"Imran Khan has people’s power," Sheikh Rashid said, adding that he would be really very lethal if he takes to the street.
Responding to a question about the premier's recent statement in which he had said "I want to warn you that if I come out of the government, then I will be more dangerous for you" the minister said that this message was for the Opposition.
- 'Good Relations With India Can't Be Achieved Without...': New Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif
- Mass resignations only solution to political turmoil: Sheikh Rasheed
- Sheikh Rasheed sees political mishap in country
- Cannot tolerate installation of foreign govt at any cost: PM Imran Khan
- NA session summoned for tomorrow to vote on no-confidence motion against PM Imran Khan
- Pakistan's PM Imran Khan tipped to lose no-confidence vote
- Zac Goldsmith breaks government practice to show support for ousted Pakistan PM Imran Khan
- Imran Khan resigns from National Assembly, says will not sit with 'thieves'
- No-Confidence Motion And Election Of New Pakistan PM. What Does The Rulebook Say?
- khan: Pakistan political crisis: Imran Khan ousted as PM, paving way for power shift; key points - Times of India
- A timeline of how Imran Khan ousted in no-confidence vote
- Timeline of how no-trust vote against Imran unfolded
- Pakistan Political Crisis LIVE Updates: Imran Khan loses trust vote, ousted as the Prime Minister
- Pakistan's parliament elects Shehbaz Sharif as new PM: Latest developments
- Shehbaz Sharif sworn-in as Pak PM
- In Deep State-Run Pakistan, Imran Khan has Crossed the Red Line and Has to Pay the Price
- India-Pakistan ties after Imran Khan: Too early to take a view
- Shehbaz Sharif, frontrunner as next Pakistani PM, seen as 'can-do' administrator
- shehbaz: Shehbaz, in inaugural speech as Pakistan PM, rakes up Kashmir - Times of India
- Shehbaz Sharif, frontrunner as next Pakistan PM, seen as 'can-do' administrator
PM Imran has ‘good relations with establishment’: Sheikh Rasheed have 508 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.