Thompson had the knee surgically repaired in July 2019 after tearing his ACL in Game 6 of the NBA Finals that year.
“It’s nothing serious,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said. “It’s just part of cautiousness.”
According to Kerr, the original plan was to play Thompson. But during the team’s walk-through, Rick Celebrini, the Warriors’ director of sports medicine, informed Kerr that Thompson was feeling some discomfort in the left knee and should be held out.
Thompson is considered day-to-day.
- Klay Thompson signs new Warriors contract with Rocco at his side
- Warriors mailbag: Assessing Golden State’s options with No. 2 pick
- Could Warriors-Lakers finally become a rivalry next season?
- Deni Avdija is the pride of Israel, but can he be a part of Warriors’ future?
- How Warriors’ Mike Brown re-emerged as popular NBA head-coaching candidate
- Prediction model rates Warriors higher than Clippers for 2019-20
- FMIA Week 5: Rescheduled Games, Fired Coaches and Pain in Dallas—A Look Back at the NFL’s Newsy Sunday
- Oakland’s Brian Shaw embraces chance to coach next generation of NBA prospects
- Doncic seeks quick recovery; 76ers, Nets facing quick exits
- Donald Trump BANS visitors from Europe from entering the US for 30 days starting at midnight on Friday - but excludes the UK and Ireland - in effort to staunch coronavirus pandemic. But how will it slow spread of virus ALREADY inside US?
- Trump Bashes NBA Finals Ratings, Which Hit Historic Lows in 2020
- FMIA Week 4: 2020 NFL Weirdness Continues With Postponed Games, Positive Tests And, Oh Yeah, Football
- FMIA Week 2: Let Russ Cook? Wilson Has Ingredients For First MVP Season
- Dramatic aerial photos reveal the devastation caused by 200 wildfires raging across California, Oregon and Washington leaving at least seven dead and incinerating 3.4m acres
Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson to sit vs. Utah Jazz Sunday night due to left knee soreness have 306 words, post on abcnews.go.com at January 24, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.