French fashion designer Manfred Thierry Mugler has died, a statement on his official Instagram account confirmed Sunday.
He was 73.
“#RIP We are devastated to announce the passing of Mr Manfred Thierry Mugler on Sunday January 23rd 2022. May his soul Rest In Peace,” the statement read in English as well as in French.
The cause of death is unknown.
Mugler was known for his adventurous, theatrical designs, which have been worn by supermodels, Hollywood royalty and fashionistas all around the world.
“He was truly a visionary,” fashion journalist Nina Garcia wrote on Twitter. “His designs shaped a fashion era and influenced a new generation of designers that weren't afraid of taking risks. He was a pioneer in mixing art, fashion history music, advertising, technology & celebrity culture into a new form. RIP Thierry Mugler.”
“Fashion visionary and one of the most influential and admired designers of his generation Manfred Thierry Mugler passed away today,” the CFDA tweeted, along with a photo of supermodel Iman wearing one of his designs on the runway.
The news comes less than a week after fellow industry icon and former Vogue editor André Leon Talley died , also at age 73.
- Legendary ‘Space Age’ Designer, Business Titan Dead At 98
- Richard Avedon, the Eye of Fashion, Dies at 81
- The Man Who Dressed Melania Trump for the Ball
- Tracee Ellis Ross Shares Throwback Video of Herself Walking in a Mulger Show with Mom Diana
- ‘Camp’ at the Met, as Rich as It Is Frustrating
- Some companies rip off products. Target imitates entire brands
- The Music That Inspires the Watchmakers
- Kanye West Wears $40 Jacket on Met Gala Red Carpet as Wife Kim Kardashian Slays in Custom Couture
- Sticky Situation: MLB’s New Rules Cracking Down On Pitchers Doctoring Baseballs Meet Pushback
- Will Marchesa close after Harvey Weinstein? Georgina Chapman isn't to blame, says Carine Roitfeld
- The Nastiest Feud in Science
- The Best Anime on Netflix Right Now (August 2021) | Digital Trends
- Corsica, France’s Isle of Beauty
- Celebrity deaths 2020: Famous faces we've lost from Barbara Windsor to Caroline Flack
- THE DE MENIL FAMILY: THE MEDICI OF MODERN ART
- Olympic Latest: France earns gold for 1st volleyball medal
- Celebrity deaths 2021: Stars we’ve lost including Sean Lock and Una Stubbs
- The 80 best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- Richard Spencer Was My High-School Classmate
- Unhappy Meals
French fashion designer Manfred Thierry Mugler dead at 73 have 378 words, post on abcnews.go.com at January 24, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.