IT'S air smiles all round after this family spent two years building their own plane — in their garden shed.
Ashok Aliseril, 38, his wife Abhilasha Dubey, 35, Tara, six, and Diya, three, can't wait to take to the air after completing the 1,500-hour, £140,000 project.
Ashok, of Billericay, Essex, who has a pilot's licence, said: "It's like having a new toy, except much more exciting."
Abhilasha told The Sun: "Ashok has worked so hard over the last two years and now our dream has finally happened.
"We started saving money during the first lockdown, and we knew we always wanted to have our own plane, and in the first few months we were saving a lot of money so we thought we would give it a go.
"The girls can't wait to be up in the air, they've only flown a few times before but never with their dad as pilot, so I'm really excited for them to see what it is like."
She added: "It's going to be amazing, and after all the hours and the late nights, it will be worth it once we are up in the sky."
Ashok said: "It is finally going to be worth it, when we are all in the sky together.
“It has cost a lot and taken what feels like a lifetime to build but I'm sure in the long run our whole family will love it.
"We have booked a flying trip to Newquay as our first family holiday away in the plane already."
The family are hoping to make their first flight in the plane in the coming months.
- Miley Cyrus and family 'nearly died' as lightning struck plane before emergency landing
- Neighbours at war as woman sections off communal garden with privacy fence
- ‘Garden fails’ that can ‘significantly decrease’ the value of your home - ‘unappealing’
- Fury as council keen gardeners to pay £500 for growing vegetables in their OWN garden
- Inside Rahul Mishra’s garden
- Garden spring cleaning: Simple ways to ‘spruce up’ fences and decking ahead of summer
- 'Wonderful feeling': Woman's skin transformation after rosacea ruined her life for 8 years
- Don’t miss this critical step before your next gardening or home improvement project
- Nathalie's 'Australian dream' was to build her own home. Now she's stuck with land she can't use
- With A $12 Million Investment From MacKenzie Scott, Global Citizen Year Is Shaping The Next Generation Of Leaders
- Horoscope 2020: Health & happiness horoscopes for all 12 star signs for the year ahead
- Our neighbour is building a three storey house in his FRONT GARDEN… it’s going to be ruin our views – we’re furious
- Gregg Wallace weight loss: Presenter shed 4.5st with diet overhaul - 'you'll lose weight'
- Prince Harry: Duke's Africa trip cost eye-watering sum - truth about Royal Family tours
- YouTuber digs underground tunnel from his house to shed so he can't get wet in the rain
- Fury after resident erects 'depressing eyesore' sheep pen-style fence in garden
- Gardening With Carol Klein: how the presenter transformed her stunning Glebe Cottage garden
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe in emotional reunion with family as she lands back in UK
- Royal Family LIVE: 'NOT welcome!' Kate and William face Jamaica fury over Meghan treatment
- Chinese authorities hope second black box will shed light on the cause of crash
Family spent whopping £140,000 over two years building their very own plane – in their garden shed have 570 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.