A transgender swimmer set numerous records this past weekend.
The New York Post reported Lia Thomas, a swimmer at the University of Pennsylvania, dominated her competition at a three-day event over the weekend.
She triumphed in the 500m freestyle preliminaries and finals at the Zippy Invitational at the University of Akron.
The athlete won in a time of 4:34.06 and set a new Ivy League record in the process.
She also notched a nearly seven-second victory in the 200m freestyle with a time of 1:41.93, which marks the fastest time recorded in the country.
That wasn't all as Thomas also set a new program, meet and pool record in the 1500m freestyle in 15:59.71 – a staggering 38 seconds ahead of the second-place finisher, teammate Anna Kalandadze.
What do you think about this story? Let us know in the comments section .
Thomas, who transitioned from a man to a woman, has been questioned by British presenter Piers Morgan, who feels the American should not be allowed to compete with women.
He said: "Staggering how few feminist women dare speak out against transgender athletes destroying women's rights to sporting fairness & equality. They've been cowed into silence by the woke trans bullies.
"If Michael Phelps began competing as a transgender woman, all hell would break loose — so why is nothing being done to stop trans athletes like Lia Thomas from destroying women's sport?
"Men are much faster swimmers because they're bigger & more powerful than women.
"That's the issue with trans women athletes – they have a massive physical advantage over women born with female biological bodies."
American college sport rules mandate at least one year of testosterone suppression treatment to be eligible to compete as a woman.
Thomas is allowed to compete as her testosterone levels are the same as her female competitors.
The swimmer, who completed two seasons at the University of Pennsylvania as a man before transitioning, a process she says has not impacted her performance.
"(Swimming) is a huge part of my life and who I am. I've been a swimmer since I was 5 years old," Thomas told Penn Today this past June.
"Being trans has not affected my ability to do this sport and being able to continue is very rewarding."
- Hundreds of homes are left without power as the Beast from the East dumps 16in snowdrifts across Britain killing four, shutting down public transport and closing schools... with the worst STILL to come
- I'm A Celebrity 2019 line-up - confirmed cast, rumours and stars who are ruled out
- Half-baked: what Greggs’ vegan sausage roll says about Brexit Britain
- Ant McPartlin on how he feared he’d injured his mum as star relives horrific drink drive crash that ‘brought him to his lowest’
- Ant McPartlin opens up about his battle with alcohol dependency and drug addiction in heartbreaking interview
- Strictly Come Dancing: Seann Walsh and Katya Jones give first interview since kiss scandal - RECAP
- It pains me to say it, but we cannot entrust our nation's defence to Jeremy Corbyn: Labour peer and ex First Sea Lord Admiral LORD WEST gives his devastating verdict on party leader
- Master Your “Body Clock” to Eat, Sleep, and Work More Efficiently
- Women Say A School For Troubled Teens Punished Girls For Being Gay
- Live coverage: Mueller testifies before Congress
- Property market has a spring in its step, but a rebound is not yet in the bag
- General election: 43 lies, gaffes and scandals that make Boris Johnson unfit to rule
- Final goodbye: Looking back at the influential world figures we lost in 2018
- Wolf Alice: ‘We’ve got to a nice, boring middle ground’
- Eurozone crisis live: Greece to probe ex-finance minister over tax scandal
- A 17-Year-Old Was Told He Couldn't Attend High School, Even Though He's A US Citizen
- How a new technology is changing the lives of people who cannot speak
- How 2018 saw London’s streets run red with blood in devastating orgy of violence that saw 132 people murdered – the highest rate for 10 YEARS
- All 221 Artists in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Ranked From Best to Worst
- Donald Trump mocks Nancy Pelosi for giving out subpoenas like 'cookies' after she says he's 'scared' of impeachment and Democrats
Transgender swimmer, 22, smashes multiple records as Piers Morgan argues over fairness have 701 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at December 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.