Three LSU football players were selected Tuesday to the All-Southeastern Conference teams.
Senior linebacker Damone Clark made the first team, while senior left guard Ed Ingram and junior kicker Cade York made the second team.
Clark led the SEC and ranked second in the country with 135 total tackles heading into the bowl games. He finished as a finalist for the Butkus Award, which is given to the nation’s top linebacker.
After struggling last year, Clark experienced a personal resurgence in the middle of LSU’s defense. He led the team in tackles for loss (15.5), sacks (5.5) and forced fumbles (two). Clark twice received conference defensive player of the week.
New LSU coach Brian Kelly has hired Frank Wilson, who stepped down Tuesday as the head coach at McNeese State, to his staff in Baton Rouge.
York has converted 15 of 18 field goals this season. He made five from over 50 yards, including the two longest kicks in Tiger Stadium history earlier this season against McNeese State.
York now holds the school record for most 50-yard field goals with 15. He also extended his LSU record of consecutive extra points to 118 during the regular season. The honor marked the third straight year he appeared on an All-SEC team.
Ingram, a two-year starter at left guard, returned for his senior season. Though LSU’s offensive line struggled early on as the group adapted to new coach Brad Davis, Ingram appeared in 11 games.
- LSU football star Billy Cannon remembered as team player; family, friends, fans pay respects
- Jerry Stovall to have his No. 21 LSU football jersey retired
- How might firing of UT Chancellor Beverly Davenport affect Vols football, Jeremy Pruitt?
- Piancastelli four-peats as Southland Player of the Year
- LSU's former 'Mr. Everything,' Jerry Stovall, will have his No. 21 jersey retired
- Ready to go: Thomas bypasses SEC schools for Tulane
- Why Jaire Alexander could be 'special corner' for Packers
- SPECIAL REPORT: From Pro Athlete to Public Servant
- Phil Savage explains why so many of Alabama's 5-star recruits get drafted in first round
- Kerryon Johnson checks 2 boxes for Detroit Lions
- Shaun Dion Hamilton has 'the right place at the right time' knack of Alabama pros
- Cowgirls three-peat as SLC champions
- A surprising bullying battleground: Senior centers
- MLB mock draft 1.0: Valley high-school stars Matthew Liberatore, Nolan Gorman in top 10
Three LSU football players selected to All-SEC teams have 384 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.