Craig joined the BBC show in 2004, making him the only original judge remaining on the panel. He even directs and co-choreographs the live tour.
Beyond the show though, the former drag queen has a romantic side we don't often get to see, so let's dive in to his love life and find out how he's hoping to beat Adele for this year's Christmas number one.
How old is Craig Revel-Horwood?
Craig was born on January 4 1965 in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, making him 56 years old.
He started his career as a dancer in Melbourne before moving to London to take advantage of the greater opportunities available and to dance competitively.
In 1989, he moved to the UK from Australia, and officially became a British citizen in August 2011.
He has enjoyed a successful career in the West End, pantomimes, writing books and even has his own waxwork at Madame Tussauds in Blackpool.
Is Craig Revel-Horwood married?
Craig married Jane Horwood in 1990 before the pair separated after two years.
However, they have remained close friends and Jane even runs Craig's website.
Craig has previously said the split 'wasn't very amicable at the time,' but they now 'go out for lunch and talk about life honestly.'
He told Wales Online he 'loves her deeply as a friend' and wishes he 'all the happiness in the world.'
The dancer was also in a five-year-relationship with Britain's Got Talent puppeteer Damon Scott, which ended in 2016.
The pair called it quits after growing apart, as Craig said their worlds were 'very different.
However, the choreographer is now loved-up with horticulturalist Jonathan Myring, and has been since early 2018.
Gushing about his partner, the TV personality told The Sun: 'He's good looking, 5ft 10in, dark hair and beard. We met on the Strictly Tour a month ago. He came to the show with a friend and we met backstage.'
Also showing how smitten he is on Loose Women, he said: 'He is fabulous and I love him, he is absolutely gorgeous and adorable , and yes he is 20 years younger.'
Craig and Jonathan got engaged in 2020 , with Jonathan proposing in a bubble bath to a very surprised Craig.
Craig is close with his future husband's family, and they all got along like a house on fire.
The couple recently revealed their plans to tie the knot in 2023, with Craig even praising Strictly 2021 contestants John Whaite and Johannes Radebe for their powerful, intimate rumba a few weeks back, confessing he wants to teach his fiancé and 'steal it' as his wedding dance.
Who has Craig done a Christmas single with?
The battle to secure the Christmas number one single is always a big one, and Craig is hoping to give the likes of Adele , Ed Sheeran and Elton John a run for their money this time around.
The judge has joined forces with his friend Rietta Austin for their single, It's Christmas, Merry Christmas and they even created a jazzy music video for his musical debut.
He told The One Show that he met Rietta when he was doing panto.
'She heard me sing and then she wrote the song for me and I said: "Darling, I love this idea, I think I'd be fantastic,"' he explained.
'And I said: "Well there is one thing on my bucket list and that's a Christmas single." So we got together and started to do something sort of like '50s thing, the era that we both love and we pulled that out.'
He had 'no idea' of the musical greats he would be up against in this year's charts but, in true Craig style, said he has 'no doubts' that he is going to number one, referring to their project as 'absolute genius.'
He confessed they were going to release the track last year 'but there was too much competition' and ' no one can beat Mariah, darling ,' but he joked that overtaking Ed Sheeran and Elton John would be 'easy.'
Strictly Come Dancing continues tonight at 6:40pm on BBC One.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Strictly stars support Craig Revel Horwood at Annie gala night
- Craig Revel Horwood says Strictly’s Shirley Ballas is 'this year’s villain'
- Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood says Anton Du Beke is
- Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood's eating disorder hell and how body image nearly killed him
- Happy birthday, Craig Revel Horwood!
- Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood talks about losing head judge position
- Craig Revel Horwood says the Strictly Come Dancing 'curse' is actually a 'blessing'... but he's glad it's not 'detracting' from this year's show
- Craig Revel Horwood's father dies
- Strictly Come Dancing's Craig Revel Horwood tips Kelvin Fletcher to win the final
- Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall attends special gala performance of 'Strictly Confidential'
- Bruno Tonioli says word 'fat' is banned on Strictly in fear of snowflakes
- Strictly's Karim Zeroual overcame tough childhood and tragic death of best friend
- Who left Strictly? Chris Ramsey narrowly misses out on final after dance-off with Karim
- James Jordan hints at Strictly FIX as he says Seann Walsh had NOTHING to apologise for after street snog
- Leaked Strictly results spoiler 'disgusts' viewers as they threaten to boycott final
- Strictly's Alex Scott 'fuming' after Kevin Clifton ditched for Neil Jones
- Strictly's unsung heroes who give the TV smash hit its glamorous look
- Strictly’s Kelvin Fletcher ‘nearly fell over’ and didn’t deserve his 10 blasts ex-pro James Jordan
- Strictly Come Dancing launch 2019: Tess Daly slips into a velvet gown as Claudia Winkleman makes a bold style choice in glittering scarlet suit
- Strictly Come Dancing confirms the grand finale routines as Kelvin Fletcher, Emma Barton and Karim Zeroual battle it out for the Glitter Ball
Strictly 2021: How old is Craig Revel Horwood and is he married? have 1126 words, post on metro.co.uk at December 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.