American actor Sandra Bullock is opening up about the societal pressures after adopting her African-American kids.
In a Red Table Talk interview on Tuesday, the 57-year-old revealed that she ‘sometimes’ wished she and her children’s skin color ‘matched’ so that people accepted them as a family.
“To say that I wished our skins matched… sometimes I do,” the Oscar winner told Jada Pinkett Smith.
Bullock continued: “Because then it would be easier on how people approach us. And I have the same feelings as a woman with brown skin, and it being her babies. Or a white woman with white babies.
Jada’s daughter, Willow at this point expressed her opinion, saying it is the bond that really matters.
“It’s the mother-child dynamic. There is no color. We don’t have to put a color on…” Willow iterated to which Bullock replied: “Maybe one day that will go away. Maybe one day we will be able to see with different eyes.”
Bullock is a mother two two African-American kids-son Louis, 11, and daughter Laila, eight.
- Dellwood couple adopt their grandchildren after Las Vegas shooting tragedy
- Chris Pratt receives the MTV Generation Award. Now what?
- Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab Lariat Outlaw 4×4 Review
- Manchester United's Nemanja Matic defends right to not wear a poppy as James McClean is warned by FA for Instagram post
- Mellinger Minutes: Most intriguing Chiefs season in years... but first, some boasting
- From Mumbai to Puducherry
- American immigrants share what it means to watch the World Cup
- Guerrero's missed opportunity
- No one in Marvel's
- Some Kind of Skid Monster
- Letting Go Of EVO
- Land Rover Discovery Sport vs Audi Q5 vs Jeep Cherokee vs Range Rover Evoque (2015) group test
- Rugby and the rainbow nation: can 2023 World Cup heal South Africa's wounds?
- Sunday Stories: “99 Red Balloons” By Bark M.
- 76 Years Later, Maryland Tries To Right A College Football Wrong
- Fiction: Kaida Dreams of Glory
- Los Angeles auto show 2009: news, blogs, reviews
- Boca Juniors vs. River Plate: Welcome to Football's Fire Show
- A very connected car: our BMW i3 Range Extender's digital tricks
- BMW M5 (2012) long-term test review
Sandra Bullock talks about insecurities around 'skin colour' of her adopted kids have 335 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.