Prince William will share his favourite memories, songs and life moments in a new podcast while taking a walk through the English countryside to promote mental wellbeing.
The Duke of Cambridge has recorded a special episode of Time to Walk, to encourage people to take some time out and walk for their mental health over the Christmas period.
Time to Walk is an audio walking experience from Apple Fitness +, designed to encourage people to walk more often for the benefit of their mental and physical health.
In each episode, special guests are invited to walk in a location that is meaningful to them, while sharing their reflections on lessons learned, important memories and life experiences, through stories, photos and songs.
Prince William's walk takes him through his family's Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, where his family will once again this year join the Queen and rest of the royal family for Christmas.
Starting at Sandringham House, William walks past St. Mary Magdalene Church where the royals usually take a short walk to on Christmas Day, and ending eventually at his family's home of Anmer Hall on the 20,000 acre estate.
During the episode, William, 39, talks about the importance of keeping mentally fit, reflects on a light-hearted moment when he was drawn out of his comfort zone, the value of listening as a way to empower others and an experience that led him to prioritise mental health.
Prince William also chooses three of his favourite songs, and explains why they are important to him.
In other episodes Country music legend Dolly Parton reflects on career, family, and growing up in rural Tennessee.
The multi award winning singer said: "I've loved walking ever since I was a little girl in the Smoky Mountains.
"I think it's so important to be able to get out and walk if we can during this time.
“I do my best thinking when I walk. And while many of us feel confined during this time, I'm hopeful that people will take a walk down memory lane with me and we can all feel a little more freedom taking the time to walk together."
Musician Shawn Mendes went viral on social media at 15, had his first platinum album by 19, also shares how a slower pace has helped him personally and creatively.
He said: "Taking a walk is a great way to clear your mind.
“It's the most simple thing you can do to calm the body and soul, reflect, and slow down. I hope people get to feel the same sense of calm I do while walking and can bring that to their own experiences."
Recognising the impact that walking can have on mental health, and that the Christmas period can be challenging for many, Prince William has chosen three charities to each receive a five figure donation from Apple: Shout in the UK, Crisis Text Line in the USA and Lifeline in Australia.
Crisis Text Line and Shout provide free, 24/7 confidential support for people in crisis via text, and Lifeline provides free, 24-hour confidential crisis support and suicide prevention services.
Apple will stream three special audio airings of the Time to Walk episode for free on Apple Music 1, the flagship global radio station on Apple Music, on Monday December 6.
- Prince William: My earliest memory is my mother taking me to a homeless shelter
- Watch Prince William and Kate Middleton's engagement interview as little brother Prince Harry follows suit seven years later
- When are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle getting married? Wedding date, venue, dress and will William be best man?
- Pregnant Kate Middleton stuns in same floor-length black dress once worn by Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals fond memories of gardening she now shares with George and Charlotte during school visit
- Viewers claim Kate Middleton’s accent is posher than her royal husband – while Prince Harry’s slang use of ‘ain’t’ shocks
- Prince Harry grins as fiancée Megan Markle flashes ring for their first engagement pictures in Diana memorial garden
- Prince Harry grins as fiancée Megan Markle flashes diamond ring for their first engagement pictures in Diana memorial garden
- Prince Harry grins as fiancée Meghan Markle flashes diamond ring for their first engagement pictures in Diana memorial garden
- Full of fun, joy and happiness: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tease May wedding plans... and they want YOU involved
- Prince Harry knew Meghan Markle was The One because the Queen's Corgis took to her straight away
- Party locations for Prince Harry's stag do and the who's who of his future guest list revealed
- Macaulay Culkin discusses Michael Jackson memories during Reddit AMA: 'He called me Applehead'
- Hartlepool rugby ref helps to tackle stigma of men’s mental health
- It's confirmed! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reveal venue for May wedding
- 'The stars were aligned': Prince Harry finally reveals how he met fiancée Meghan Markle
- It's confirmed! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reveal top wedding venue and month of nuptials
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle confirm engagement
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle confirm engagement! Pair say they are 'delighted' to wed after secret proposal
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle confirm engagement! Pair to marry in the Spring after secret proposal
Prince William to share his favourite memories in podcast promoting mental wellbeing have 893 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.