Prince William has opened up on a song, which he still enjoys ‘secretly’, that sends him back several years to a moving memory where he was with brother Harry and late mum Princess Diana.
He shared the precious reflection of his journeys to school with his mum and Prince Harry as they managed “the anxiety of going back to school.”
In a heartfelt interview, while walking the grounds of Sandringham, the 36-year old described how his mother would put on The Best by Tina Turner in the car and sing along with her sons.
During the Apple Music "audio experience" – Time to Walk, the Duke of Cambridge was heard weeping as he discusses the songs that hold important memories of the Princess of Wales who passed away in 1997.
The heir, who was 15 when his mother died, recalled: "One of the songs I massively remember and has stuck with me all this time, and I to this day still quite enjoy secretly, is Tina Turner's The Best, because sitting in the back seat, singing away, it felt like a real family moment.
"My mother, she'd be driving along singing at the top of her voice. We'd even get the policeman in the car: he'd occasionally be singing along as well.
“We'd be singing and listening to the music right the way up to the gates at school where they dropped you off."
William says his children, Prince George , 8, Princess Charlotte , 6, and Prince Louis , 3, have "already inherited my family's love of music," and claims Waka Waka by Shakira is a current favourite in the Cambridge household.
He said: "There's a lot of hip movements going along, a lot of dressing-up. Charlotte particularly is running around the kitchen in her dresses and ballet stuff.
“She gets completely crazy, with Louis following her around trying to do the same thing." It's a really happy moment where the children just enjoy dancing, messing around, and singing."
To stay up to date with all the latest breaking news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here .
- Prince William leaves Kensington Palace the morning after crunch Sandringham Summit while royal negotiators start hammering out Megxit questions over couple's funding and titles
- Prince William Says Losing His Mom at a Young Age Was a 'Pain Like No Other Pain'
- Prince William and Harry reveal the final time they spoke to their mother Princess Diana
- "See you later": Princes William, Harry remember devastating last call with Princess Diana
- Prince William and Kate Middleton's poignant visit to Paris
- Heartbreaking promise Prince William made to Diana before her death
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Just Met Baby Archie for the First Time!
- Prince William Urges Son Prince George to Treat Sister Princess Charlotte Equally at Soccer
- Prince William REVEALS if Prince George and Princess Charlotte know they are royal
- Prince William praised for congratulating award recipient Alex Duguid using sign language
- The peri-peri Prince! William reveals he's a fan of NANDO'S after being introduced to the chain by one of his detectives as he gives a speech at a Commonwealth forum
- 's Mary Berry Talks about Losing Her Teen Son in Emotional Video with Prince William
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take George, Charlotte & Louis for Sneak Peek of Special Garden
- Prince William is left to host wildlife task-force he set up with Harry alone as his younger brother starts new life in Canada with a series of events for Aids charity... but did he even say goodbye?
- Princes William and Harry remember Princess Diana on the 20th anniversary of her death
- Royal rift: What's really going on with Prince William and Prince Harry?
- The heir and the spare: Prince Harry’s ‘frustrating’ life in Prince William’s shadow
- Princess Charlotte's godparents announced by Prince William and Kate Middleton
- Prince Harry was positioned to be Prince William's 'secret weapon,' royal expert says
- The Royal Family enters a new era as senior members gather at Buckingham Palace WITHOUT Prince Harry: William hosts his first solo reception tonight - as his brother prepares to leave Britain for his new life in Canada
Prince William's 'secret' song sends him back to touching car ride with Diana and Harry have 693 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.