Prince William recently sat down for a candid heart-to-heart and revealed how his conservationist first-love transformed him over to her cause.
The prince's love for the environment began during a trip to Kenya with one of his first loves, Jecca Craig.
He reminisced over how it all went down while sitting with Apple’s Time to Walk audio series for their festive edition.
There Prince William was quoted saying, “I had such an amazing experience, where I got to see [Ian] darting an elephant for research purposes, and I must have been 16, 17, something like that."
“Touching an elephant, seeing it lying there in front of you breathing very slowly, its enormous ribs going up and down, and picking the trunk up and listening to the breathing coming out of [it] in your ear – it’s a really special, very privileged experience."
“And that, for any young guy, is like: ‘Wow, this is cool’. “Back then, conservation was very much a case of: put wildlife over here, put people over there. Don’t let them meet."
“And Ian came along with a pretty radical idea, which was: ‘You can’t keep these two entities separate. They need to be together’."
“This is where I started to realise what the job is. A large part of it was community engagement, getting to meet people and understand their challenges.”
- Prince William Plans to Become a Crisis Volunteer: 'He Could Be the Guy at the End of the Phone'
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Meet Special Volunteers Who Staff Their Crisis Text Line
- How Prince William is helping to lift the nation’s spirits during the coronavirus lockdown
- Prince William and Kate Middleton hail ‘one-man fundraising machine’ Captain Tom Moore as Tom dubs Will ‘super prince’
- 'That's amazing from my super prince!' Captain Tom is overwhelmed as Prince William and Kate Middleton send him message 'he's a one man fundraising machine who's inspired everyone' after making secret donation as total hits £18 million with £5m raised in j
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Share Adorable "Instagram vs. Reality" Post With Prince Louis
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Say They've Been Video Calling With "All the Family"
- Prince Charles says Prince William and Prince Harry have inherited his dance moves
- Prince William praises the 'selfless commitment' and 'herculean effort' of NHS workers as he opens Birmingham Nightingale hospital via video link
- Prince Louis birthday: How Kate Middleton and Prince William will be celebrating it in lockdown
- Kate Middleton wears a blue £129 floral Ghost dress as she joins Prince William and their children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis to clap for the NHS at their Norfolk home
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Open Up About Homeschooling Kids and Video Calls with Relatives
- Prince William's fears for his father and grandparents: Duke reveals the family is doing 'all they can' to keep the Queen and Prince Philip safe after the 'worry' of Prince Charles' COVID-19 diagnosis
- Now We Know Princess Charlotte's Favorite Pastime Thanks to Dad Prince William!
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Kate Middleton and Prince William Are Set to Reunite This Week!
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's powerful message to those struggling in lockdown
- Prince William in support of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Narrate New Film on Mental Health Amid Coronavirus
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Reunite with Kate Middleton and Prince William for Remembrance Service
- Kate Middleton and Prince William reveal real reason they prefer video calls to in-person meetings
Prince William reminisces over conservationist legacy of first love have 574 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.